Sign in to follow this  
Beowulfthehunter

Unpainted Minis from Wizkids

10 hours ago, amuller33 said:

Looks like Wave 14 was announced

https://www.phdgames.com/2020/10/20/unpainted-miniatures-collection-wave-14-wizkids/

Lots new critters Koalinth, Koa-Ta, Red Slaad and a unpainted sky coach

Female tiefling bard comes waaay to late....::(: Oh well, Heroforge it is!

Is it just me or are the male human barbarian and the female human monk types the same model as the ones in the early waves, just in different poses?

18 minutes ago, BlazingTornado said:

Is it just me or are the male human barbarian and the female human monk types the same model as the ones in the early waves, just in different poses?

I know the male barb is but he is kinda 5e's iconic character(amongst others) but yah if your gonn stick us with more of the same it would have been nice to have different people. 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2020 at 3:33 PM, Chaoswolf said:

As a lover of conversions, I'd like to see those pics, please.

Sry, I forgot. And then I saw your post and thought "sure, I should get on that" and forgot again :ph34r:

KDjByF9.jpg

Original Umberhulk hulking forwards on the right. On the left I cut off both of the left extremities and reangled them. The leg was most impactful since he can now stand upright, opposed to the original pose. The arm makes him kinda look like he is from one of those fantasy football games ^^

yqLNdcg.jpg

From the left side. You can't really tell with the shiny undercoat, but the arm and leg are mostly glued down in their old socket. There is almost no greenstuff for his arm and a bit more for the leg, but overall I'm fairly happy.

• Like 4

So does anyone know why the new (or at least new to me) wave 12.5 has what looks like the same models as previous models (notably wave 4's Beholder and wave 11's zombie beholder) YET is double the price?

6 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

So does anyone know why the new (or at least new to me) wave 12.5 has what looks like the same models as previous models (notably wave 4's Beholder and wave 11's zombie beholder) YET is double the price?

Wizkids is updating the line to conform to the new pricing standard they've set. Better get the minis you want in the old prices.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, haldir said:

Wizkids is updating the line to conform to the new pricing standard they've set. Better get the minis you want in the old prices.

I kind of suspected that. So, same mini, just jacking up the price and calling it "NEW", that's lame. Better get some of the dragons and other stuff. So, is this their model going forward or just for the more popular and hard to stock ones?

• Like 1

Who knows, but as far as the price structure, I think that is the way they are gonna do their figures. Tbh, I think they were under selling some of their figures anyways, so the price hike won't be a big reaction for me, thou it will limit on how much I buy at a time with them.

I think the way they are going about it, releasing a new wave of just old releases is bad, but all miniature companies have hiked their original prices. I mean Reaper minis were like what a buck or 2 when they first came out? Now look at metal figure prices. I know GW has definitely hiked prices.

Just part of the hobby anymore.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2020 at 12:09 PM, Ratmaster2000 said:

I kind of suspected that. So, same mini, just jacking up the price and calling it "NEW", that's lame. Better get some of the dragons and other stuff. So, is this their model going forward or just for the more popular and hard to stock ones?

From what I've heard, they're also removing a few things...the spell effect eye stalks with the Beholder

• Sad 1