Jump to content

Unpainted Minis from Wizkids


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey there, Justin from WizKids, just popping in to clarify a few things.   1:  The reason a company releases a line as a collectible has more to do with the tooling model, cost per mini and

Already primed sounds great until you realize it means "dipped in primer straight off the production line, flash, mold lines, and assembly errors included at no extra charge".  There's also no price r

I picked up a copy of the Nozur's Treant last month. It's pretty big. The level of detail, as with all their models, is mushier in real life than in the computer renders they show in the ads, but as w

Posted Images

4 hours ago, vpoirier000 said:

wave 13 made its way to canada, so the states should easily have them by now

 

My flgs must have a odd distributor as he didn't have anything yet. He did say Hopefully next week.

 

Thou, I'm still waiting on wave 2 of Transformers.  He said February 21 for those.....ummmm ok then!

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2020 at 3:28 AM, haldir said:

 

My flgs must have a odd distributor as he didn't have anything yet. He did say Hopefully next week.

 

Thou, I'm still waiting on wave 2 of Transformers.  He said February 21 for those.....ummmm ok then!


Well maybe I'm also in an optimal area?
I'm located within 30 minutes away from Montreal and from the frontier
or maybe my local shop just receives its orders on just the right day?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

While waiting for my FLGS, placed a order with a couple of shops for NEED figures (ie this Saturday!!!). I ended up going with a store over in Hillsboro, OR. & my regular Nolzur's ebay seller out of CA. Hopefully they'll be here before Saturday. I was tempted to get a few others but I wanted to give those sales to the shop.

 

Ever since we came out of the spring shutdown here, ordering has been off at the store. Why I questioned the Transformer wave 2 release date. I told him, everywhere else has em for sale now. I shrugged my shoulders & told him, eh, I have plenty of minis to paint no worries.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I decided to go up to the FLGS today. They have Wave 12.5 but again nothing of the new wave. It's funny to see the "new & improved" Marilith next to the old Marilith.<_<

 

Again, hoping my order comes before Saturday as most of the figures are for a encounter in that game. The rest are for next week's game.

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

We made a last-minute drive before the holidays down over to border to Atomic Empire in NC, picking up a few last minute gifts...and apparently did it a day before Wave 13 was getting stocked.  Woops.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cawatrooper said:

I've been trying to keep an eye out, but anybody see any news on this since?

There have been some YouTube channels that got the tower...at least a prepainted version, not sure if there's going to be an unpainted one.

 

A lot of them have said it's a great thing with the same issues...the floors are cardboard tiles

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cawatrooper said:

I've been trying to keep an eye out, but anybody see any news on this since?

 

It's out & retails for 250 big ones. The roof has different designs & such (open skylight, bare opening)

 

wzk96017-3.jpg

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2020 at 2:42 AM, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

So, apparently the New York Toy Fair has garnered a future release from WizKids:

 

I saw a copy at my FLGS before Christmas.  I was already buying Infinity Defiance - I didn't even ask or look for the price.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2021 at 7:12 PM, haldir said:

 

It's out & retails for 250 big ones. The roof has different designs & such (open skylight, bare opening)

 

wzk96017-3.jpg

I'm of the opinion that if you want this kind terrain this much, it may be time to invest in a 3D printer instead.

 

Yes, the printer is not as convenient if you're in a hurry.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

I'm of the opinion that if you want this kind terrain this much, it may be time to invest in a 3D printer instead.

 

Yes, the printer is not as convenient if you're in a hurry.

 

+ the price of just this one tower is more then a Ender 3 printer, which is basic, but one of the best terrain printers out there. Add in some filament & some upgrades (like nozzles & a glass bed) & your ready to get started. After your done, printing out a tower, you can move onto other pieces for your game.

 

Don't get me wrong I like the Wizkids offerings but prices are getting out of hand for them with their offerings lately. The tower + the Yawning Portal are good examples of them. Heck, even their Warlock tile line is outrageous. If I can use the tile clips in Dragonlock or Openlock pieces, that'll be probably the only thing I get out of that lineup.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2021 at 6:15 PM, haldir said:

 

+ the price of just this one tower is more then a Ender 3 printer, which is basic, but one of the best terrain printers out there. Add in some filament & some upgrades (like nozzles & a glass bed) & your ready to get started. After your done, printing out a tower, you can move onto other pieces for your game.

 

Don't get me wrong I like the Wizkids offerings but prices are getting out of hand for them with their offerings lately. The tower + the Yawning Portal are good examples of them. Heck, even their Warlock tile line is outrageous. If I can use the tile clips in Dragonlock or Openlock pieces, that'll be probably the only thing I get out of that lineup.

So you'd recommend and ender 3 over their newer model? For terrain pieces at least, correct?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ender 3 (Ver 2 I think it's the latest in that lineup) is a very popular filament printer right now. This is due to its cheap & for the price, quality matches higher end printers. Lots of support for it. 

 

The Ender 6, while it's a good printer it doesn't have that same popularity as its older sibling. There are still people waiting to get theirs from the KS if you follow along with the bookieface group.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...