Unpainted Minis from Wizkids

I have an ender 3. It it very easy to mod, and there are many mods available for free on thingiverse. check out youtube, there are several videos on "favorite mods" and why to use each one.

I would suggest buying the magnetic mat for the print bed, it makes it very easy to get the prints off the bed.

also, it prints very well in my opinion. A  good choice for terrain, bases and such. 

For miniatures you should rather look at an elegoo, anycubic or phrozen resin printer.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey there, Justin from WizKids, just popping in to clarify a few things.   1:  The reason a company releases a line as a collectible has more to do with the tooling model, cost per mini and

Already primed sounds great until you realize it means "dipped in primer straight off the production line, flash, mold lines, and assembly errors included at no extra charge".  There's also no price r

I picked up a copy of the Nozur's Treant last month. It's pretty big. The level of detail, as with all their models, is mushier in real life than in the computer renders they show in the ads, but as w

Posted Images

For something like that, as long as your problems with money are greater than your problems with time, go for the printer.  If you have money and no time you'll consider the tower.  Printers are cool but they still have a learning curve an take time.  If all you really want is the tower and you want it to look really good right away,, the more expensive option of buy the tower may be for you

• Like 1
On 2/3/2021 at 2:50 AM, Kangaroorex said:

For something like that, as long as your problems with money are greater than your problems with time, go for the printer.  If you have money and no time you'll consider the tower.  Printers are cool but they still have a learning curve an take time.  If all you really want is the tower and you want it to look really good right away,, the more expensive option of buy the tower may be for you

We're pretty happy with the printer.

We haven't printed a tower yet - but it is on the list.

The ever growing list.

The Auld Grump

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been painting a few of the WizKids models.

Did they bump the sizes?

I did the minotaur, he's tiny compared to the bone golem, the ettin, and the blue slaad.  Not a problem for me mind you, the larger the monsters the better.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, JoeGKushner said:

I've been painting a few of the WizKids models.

Did they bump the sizes?

I did the minotaur, he's tiny compared to the bone golem, the ettin, and the blue slaad.  Not a problem for me mind you, the larger the monsters the better.

Which of the minotaurs? There's both a Nolzur's and a Deep Cuts one...the sizes might have been more differentiation between the two

• Like 1
7 hours ago, SotF said:

Which of the minotaurs? There's both a Nolzur's and a Deep Cuts one...the sizes might have been more differentiation between the two

Nolzur's, the 'official' D&D one as opposed to the Pathfinder one. He's like a large dude instead of a large monster.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, JoeGKushner said:

Nolzur's, the 'official' D&D one as opposed to the Pathfinder one. He's like a large dude instead of a large monster.

It's possible that it was an attempt to cover both the monster and the racial version from Krynn, Ravnica, and Theros then

• Like 2

I think the minotaur is a product of the line just starting & Wizkids missed the sizing. I mean look at the first troll prepainted in the first Pathfinder Battles lineup. He's large but he's a runt (& the sculpt is similar to the excellent one in the metal line up) & then there is the very "large" troll that suppose to be a normal troll but borders the Huge base, later in the line up.

• Like 3

While on my break this morning at work, I see the next releases are schedule for July:

MtG: announced, no pics

https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/47657/wizkids-will-release-four-magic-the-gathering-miniatures-packs

Looking forward to these as the first few in the line up have been great minis. Kinda nice not knowing what the actual characters are other then a few like the Planeswalkers or popular ones like the deva angel.

Nolzur's (D&D)

https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/47652/d-d-nolzurs-marvelous-miniatures-offer-new-monsters-to-hunt

While I picked up a file to print out a "Death Tyrant" having an official one is just as good. I like the upgrade over the clear plastic "sheeting" they used on the prepainted figure.

https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/47647/more-monsters-coming-d-d-nolzurs-marvelous-miniatures

Pretty decent line up, at least the monsters are some that need Unpainted figures like the Allip (damn is the prepainted one expensive on the secondary market.....20+!! WTH?) & while I've got files to print crawling claws, nice to finally see a Unpainted mini in the line up. Gnoll witherlings, never heard of those, I need to take a peek at what they are as I'll have a gnoll focused adventure coming up soon.

https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/47633/d-d-nolzurs-marvelous-miniatures-2-count-packs

More of the same(ie revisiting old sculpts again) but different sculpts with most of these (female tiefling in the skirt, for ex) but at least there are some newer race/class combos like the female bugbear & non generic 5e goblin minis.

Starfinder Deep Cuts

https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/47650/two-count-hero-packs-starfinder-battles-deep-cuts

Definitely going to pick up the skittermander minis (need em for the RCon game!!)

Pathfinder Deep Cuts

https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/47642/pathfinder-battles-deep-cuts-gets-new-heroes-monsters

Generic Fantasy Deep Cuts (they really need to change the name of the Deep Cuts lineups!!)

https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/47636/wizkids-adds-bounty-hunters-and-outlaws-to-deep-cuts

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

gnoll witherlings are definitely a great addition to the line (non human undeads are always nice for worldbuilding)
and so is more of low level monsters (can't go wrong with more goblinoids)
the white dragon is going to be the smaller gargantuan i think

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

And they are entering the unassembled HIPS market.  I hope their sculpts improve

• D&D sprue miniatures: premium, unpainted High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS), unassembled, unprimed, miniatures on sprue 
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

And they are entering the unassembled HIPS market.  I hope their sculpts improve

• D&D sprue miniatures: premium, unpainted High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS), unassembled, unprimed, miniatures on sprue 

When & what are these going to be?

Tbh, I really don't mind the sculpts for the Unpainted lines. They are cheap, they are recognizable to their artwork & they work for the game table without any fiddling with.

• Like 2