Unpainted Minis from Wizkids

Beowulfthehunter

9 hours ago, The Steve said:

what you gonna do tho? I don't know how to change the retailers. and I *highly* suspect wtc is leveraging key MTG releases to make distrubutors prioritize their other product ranges pushing out other companies.

I'm not entirely sure there, they've been trying since 3rd edition to try mixing D&D and MtG...though the only "success" has been relatively recently with the 5e stuff

• Like 2

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, SotF said:

I'm not entirely sure there, they've been trying since 3rd edition to try mixing D&D and MtG...though the only "success" has been relatively recently with the 5e stuff

Well a summer set of MtG is a Forgotten Realms themed with a "party" mechanic in it. It'll replace the Core Set release for this year. Tbh, the MtG players aren't really interested in D&D, so we'll see how well the set/singles sells here.

My store just carries Wizkids minis (along with GW of course).  The owner has thought about bringing in Reaper minis but he says it's a hassle to order them. He isn't the first owner to say that, as the owner of the store in Nampa, ID says the same thing (he doesn't carry any Reaper products). The current release here was weird, as the owner didn't really bring in the bigger stuff (the 14.99 figs) until recently as he now has the Goristo & Frogemoth (which while huge is tiny vs the Reaper one) on the shelf. He did bring in the huge elementals when the set was released. He did bring in the 8.99 & lower MtG figs (which I really like & I'm looking forward to the next wave). Oddly he never did get in Wave 2 of the Transformers lineup..????

So I see the next wave was suppose to come out last month, got moved this month & now I'm seeing a May release...I wonder what is up with the release, other then maybe it's delayed due to shipping crisis currently in the world?

• Like 5

5 hours ago, SamuraiJack said:

They can order the current month allotment right from Reaper, I'm not sure how complex that is... maybe because they would have to order them directly instead of through their distributor?

I've told him that but he gave me anther reason why it's a hassle. It's been awhile since I had this conversation with him, so I can't recall the details. Either way, I generally get my Reapers online so I'm ok with this. It's why going to ReaperCon & seeing & holding blistered Reaper packs is always a treat.

• Like 3

Has anyone seen an actual date for the next Wave? With it being delayed twice now (March, then April, now May), I was hoping it would be early. The learn to paint kit (red slaad) is part of the new wave, so maybe they are tied together (ie paint kit supports new minis night).

8 minutes ago, JoeGKushner said:

Checks the date.

'Soon' tm..

Yah, I don't think they are gonna hit this date. Most likely affected by the shipping backlog. It would be nice to walk into the FLGS tonight & have a wall of new minis to buy. We shall see.

• Like 1

Hopefully, that means my FLGS will have them in stock on Weds. Again, it would be nice to come home that night after D&D with some Unpainted goodies.

Skiff looks good, one of the items I've got on pre-order.

• Like 1

Nothing new at the store tonight, but I was told by one of the owners that the shipment had been delayed by a day, so they should have it in by tomorrow. Looking forward to going through new stuff!!