Unpainted Minis from Wizkids

Beowulfthehunter

14 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

I found the two released ones kind of goofy in pose/equipment:

image.thumb.png.a070828dea8332517732ae68254420d3.pngimage.thumb.png.a070828dea8332517732ae68254420d3.png

Those 2 are in the next wave. Needed as currently the only physicial minis are Reaper's female rogue by Christine & the pre-painted ones from Wizkids. I did see GF9 finally released their harengon bandits. If I didn't have Agdon in prepainted, I would have ordered that. GF9's loss there.

The dual wielder would have looked better with just 1 big blade & smaller one, since these are supposed to be rogues. Considering in 5e, rapiers are Dex based weapon & such. I'll still get them, thou. ::D:

I did see there is a male coming next month from Reaper. I'm sure this one will just as good as the female harefolk.

• Like 3

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, haldir said:

Those 2 are in the next wave. Needed as currently the only physicial minis are Reaper's female rogue by Christine & the pre-painted ones from Wizkids. I did see GF9 finally released their harengon bandits. If I didn't have Agdon in prepainted, I would have ordered that. GF9's loss there.

The dual wielder would have looked better with just 1 big blade & smaller one, since these are supposed to be rogues. Considering in 5e, rapiers are Dex based weapon & such. I'll still get them, thou. ::D:

I did see there is a male coming next month from Reaper. I'm sure this one will just as good as the female harefolk.

All the waves have been so messed up, I didn't realize they were 2 behind that were previewed but not released.

April's Reaper one, in case you hadn't seen it:

image.png.9f47f98f0bc6b7a2b29d301540fc2e77.png

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

All the waves have been so messed up, I didn't realize they were 2 behind that were previewed but not released.

I have not, so thank you for the post.

• Like 2

On 3/29/2022 at 8:29 AM, JoeGKushner said:

https://icv2.com/articles/columns/view/50789/rolling-initiative-critical-role-magic-the-gathering-miniatures

Interesting observation on Critical Role miniatures being dogs in terms of sellers after the initial wave.  Are they all prepainted?

They have had quite a few prepainted, but here have also been 2 waves of unpainted... Which I generally like and can fit into a campaign... but I am a mini collecting addict 🙂

On 3/29/2022 at 7:29 AM, JoeGKushner said:

https://icv2.com/articles/columns/view/50789/rolling-initiative-critical-role-magic-the-gathering-miniatures

Interesting observation on Critical Role miniatures being dogs in terms of sellers after the initial wave.  Are they all prepainted?

Considering the only way to get them at your FLGS is by paying a premium set price as they don't come individual. Those can cost around 40 or 50 bucks for like 6 or 7 minis. Some are large ones so the overall number can be reduced, etc etc. Overall I really like the Unpainted ones & I tend to pick those up when I see them. I get prepainted singles through online sellers & they do have a better prepainted job (ie a "premium" paintjob reserved for Rare miniatures in random blind box buys). The only figure that I can say I've seen outside the prepainted box set is a sahuagin in that line up & I like the mini. It serves it's purpose & my players hate him, whenever I place it on the table. :B):

As quoted from that article:

"The high price points for the items and excessive packaging also do not help sales any."

This can be applied to almost anything Wizkids puts out these. They really like their products.

• Like 2

I own some of the CR unpainted miniatures. I really like the facehugging-looking ones and the giant "basilisk" water snake. 

Looking through the Critical Role sets again, a lot of them aren't that ... exciting. 

You have some cool fire snakes or mountain goats (I'd buy some of those dwarf-goat-riders) but those are mixed in with pretty generic dudes with weapons and a shark. Unlikely someone would want everything, unless they're a collector.

Same thing for the NPC packs: I'm not that attached to the CR NPCs, again, seems like a collector thing. A very niche collector thing. I mean, a lot of people might find joy in putting the PCs from CR in their shelf, but some random Dudes that were in the campaign? 

A lot of the newer Wizkids releases seem to me more aimed towards collectors than gamers (like the stupidly big and expensive dragons). And that's fine, collecting is a legitimate part of the hobby. I'm just not sure I'd throw that money at Wizkids instead of some of the nice, small miniature manufacturers. I own a lot of Wizkids and I use them a lot on the table, but the quality is still mixed (some of the newer ones still don't have much of a face) and they just aren't a "premium product" to me. 

• Like 3

On 3/26/2022 at 12:24 PM, Lidless Eye said:

Better shot of next month's mini. Looking forward to this one!

277735911_10227489385803937_571409825474

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

"Wild Beyond Witchlight" has Harengon as prominent encounters and a new playable race.

No yeah, I know that, but I didn't think a single book'd kick off that craze so I figured it would be more a result than the catalyst.

1 hour ago, BlazingTornado said:

No yeah, I know that, but I didn't think a single book'd kick off that craze so I figured it would be more a result than the catalyst.

The return of Tabaxi with "Tomb of Annihilation" did the same with Catfolk.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, amuller33 said:

has anyone see the pentadrone in FLGS? cant find it in any of the 3 North Austin stores I frequent

I do believe that one is not out yet. Most likely the next wave for them.

Ok, I just noticed it was suppose to be in the last Wave, but I've yet to see it at any of the online shops I frequent for Unpainted lines. Most likely delayed for the next wave.

EDIT: Just seen it -gnomishbaazar . com has it for sale.