Jump to content

Unpainted Minis from Wizkids


Beowulfthehunter
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, vpoirier000 said:

these are the characters from the cartoon right?

 

Yes, the Cleric is new though.

 

A lot of people are expecting a second set for the missing characters, especially as Bobby has a sculpt coming up for the unpainted line

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

So apparently this was announced as an upcoming release by WizKids:

 

image.thumb.png.049e3a4c00fc7e590e01778b94508c16.pngimage.thumb.png.9e707858a46d0cb3d15de2df99ea593e.pngimage.thumb.png.7bc6b701f77a59e6a5491f5d0f9749bb.pngimage.thumb.png.321fb75ba7a02a763b2ac532f3bba02b.pngimage.thumb.png.ccf80e15bcadbeda2035dc693345b124.png 

 

Most likely tied to the new Starter Set, Wizards is releasing later this year. Obviously, the Heroes are the cartoon characters, but who is the last one?

 

( note didn't see this thread had a new page, before answering....)

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, haldir said:

 

Most likely tied to the new Starter Set, Wizards is releasing later this year. Obviously, the Heroes are the cartoon characters, but who is the last one?

 

( note didn't see this thread had a new page, before answering....)


The name of this set is "Dragons of Stormwrack Isle" which is the new Starter Set, so definitely.

A lot of people were surprised at the class combos (Hank the Ranger is a fighter, Diana the Acrobat is a Rogue, Eric the Cavalier is a Paladin, etc) but forget it's a Starter Set and they've always done that so all the options were in the SRD.

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:


The name of this set is "Dragons of Stormwrack Isle" which is the new Starter Set, so definitely.

A lot of people were surprised at the class combos (Hank the Ranger is a fighter, Diana the Acrobat is a Rogue, Eric the Cavalier is a Paladin, etc) but forget it's a Starter Set and they've always done that so all the options were in the SRD.

Diana makes sense (Thief Acrobat), the others don't quite fit...Cavalier is a Fighter subclass.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SotF said:

Diana makes sense (Thief Acrobat), the others don't quite fit...Cavalier is a Fighter subclass.


But Cavalier was a Paladin kit before.  And the Ranger being a Fighter was to make a simple Starter character, they did the same for the Archer pre-made in "Lost Mine of Phandelver"

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lidless Eye said:


But Cavalier was a Paladin kit before.  And the Ranger being a Fighter was to make a simple Starter character, they did the same for the Archer pre-made in "Lost Mine of Phandelver"

There's more of a difference there, it's possible to build an archer either way, it's more of Hank being, specifically, a Ranger.

 

And with Eric's class being shifted to fighter, having a ranger would make sense for something different. It would also put them all into very different options there

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SotF said:

There's more of a difference there, it's possible to build an archer either way, it's more of Hank being, specifically, a Ranger.

 

And with Eric's class being shifted to fighter, having a ranger would make sense for something different. It would also put them all into very different options there


Eric is the Paladin in this starter.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

 

Yes, the Cleric is new though.

 

A lot of people are expecting a second set for the missing characters, especially as Bobby has a sculpt coming up for the unpainted line

 


Isn't there already a Barbarian sculpt in Nolzur’s that everyone assumed was Bobby all grown up?

 

image.jpeg.f170954ce93ed7211720efd611e51238.jpeg

 

Though I guess Bobby would have a club, wouldn’t he?

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, ksbsnowowl said:


Isn't there already a Barbarian sculpt in Nolzur’s that everyone assumed was Bobby all grown up?

 

image.jpeg.f170954ce93ed7211720efd611e51238.jpeg

 

Though I guess Bobby would have a club, wouldn’t he?

That's a silly assumption considering he's the door-breaking barbarian from the revised version of the 2nd edition Player's Handbook.

 

Right down to the pose.

image.thumb.png.af7a998091e41b419960348549dfd66c.png

 

 

 

Also I've heard people say the cleric in the set is meant to be an update of Aleena from the red box sets.

Edited by BlazingTornado
  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, BlazingTornado said:

That's a silly assumption considering he's the door-breaking barbarian from the revised version of the 2nd edition Player's Handbook.

 

Right down to the pose.

 

Also I've heard people say the cleric in the set is meant to be an update of Aleena from the red box sets.


Oh wow, yeah, that is that guy.  I guess it doesn't help that Bobby has an insanely generic design other than his age (and club)

I don't see that sculpt as Aleena at all but I guess we'll find out in two months.
 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
On 5/12/2022 at 9:06 PM, BlazingTornado said:

Jeebus they're just really overestimating how many people are willing to overpay for a Frameworks mini.

 

I've seen a 100$ price tag for the Balor! I got the Nolzur's one for a tenth of that price and the entirety of the Legend of Drizzt board game (which comes with an even bigger Balor and more minis and modular tiles...) costs a portion of that!

Hell even Warhammer greater daemons and daemon princes and the LOTR Balrog cost like 30$ less! And with the former two you get way more modular bits than just "three horns, two manes (one's on fire), two swords and a few extra flame bits if you want".

That price is insane. I won't pay GW's prices, I'm certainly not going to pay more for something that's not as good (IMO).

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

That price is insane. I won't pay GW's prices, I'm certainly not going to pay more for something that's not as good (IMO).


All the reviews for Frameworks have been harsh.  Big gaps, weird splits, lots of filling needed, useless layout of parts, confusing instructions.  They need to ramp up quality or ramp down prices or just stop.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...