Unpainted Minis from Wizkids

Beowulfthehunter

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of WizKids releases have officially been altered to “rolling.”  So, rather than a Wave 18 release date of “August 17th,” it is “rolling August,” which means retailers can release it as they get it. This approach has been adopted due to the shipping fiasco, and a constant inability to ensure they meet projected delivery dates to retailers. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

WizKids prices have gone a bit nuts...

I wonder if WotC went and increased their license fees?

The Auld Grump - which reminds me, I need to see if I can still get the outhouse mimic...

$40 ain't bad ... Maybe OP just didn't post the rest of the pictures... Wait $40 for 5?!?!?!?! yeah that's nuts!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Considering those minis from the retro release are already out in numerous variations already, yah $40 is a bit much.

On 2/18/2023 at 9:05 PM, TheAuldGrump said:

WizKids prices have gone a bit nuts...

I wonder if WotC went and increased their license fees?

The Auld Grump - which reminds me, I need to see if I can still get the outhouse mimic...

I think the Unpainted Outhouse is out of print now. My go to online site says they can't get it anymore, so I ended up with a slightly overpriced one off the 'Bay.  I think I paid maybe 15 for it. Sadly, that is entering prepainted aftermarket pricing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, haldir said:

I think the Unpainted Outhouse is out of print now. My go to online site says they can't get it anymore, so I ended up with a slightly overpriced one off the 'Bay.  I think I paid maybe 15 for it. Sadly, that is entering prepainted aftermarket pricing.

That's a shame.  It really is a fantastic mini.  I'm glad I bought it when it came out, since I knew I had to have it.

• Like 2

This might need to get split off, but I wonder if the formulation of the plastic has changed recently.  I painted the rowboat and sealed that with army painter rattle can a couple of weeks back.  Today I picked it up and it had that characteristic tackiness that I've sometimes seen with bones.  I should have known better.  My bad, but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this with the wizkid's lines?

• Like 1

On 2/20/2023 at 2:49 AM, haldir said:

Considering those minis from the retro release are already out in numerous variations already, yah $40 is a bit much.

That may be my fault - Miniatures Market listed a quantity of 1. I ordered it.

The Auld Grump

On 2/24/2023 at 12:18 AM, TheAuldGrump said:

That may be my fault - Miniatures Market listed a quantity of 1. I ordered it.

The Auld Grump

I ordered mine awhile back, as I like using Gnomish Bazaar for my online ordering. Fast shipping & discount prices.  You can't beat that!

I wonder if the latest MtG Unpainted wave has put a damper on sales for the line. It's such a niche selection of figures. Unless of course you have rhino men in your game.....lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, amuller33 said:

I just picked up Wave 20 ad when or even if there is a next wave/t FLGS and Im not sure if there is a 21 yet. Has anyone hear when or even if there is a next wave?

AJ

July is the target month,

https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/53671/next-wave-d-d-nolzurs-marvelous-miniatures-incoming