Beowulfthehunter

Unpainted Minis from Wizkids

2 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

Wow, they've restocked three times today.

At times like that, it usually means they are trying to slow down the sellout. Gives people more time to snag one. You can sometimes add the Beholder to the cart even when it says it's out of stock on restock days. That's how I got mine. They update the in-stock listing here and there, but it may still be in stock when it says it's out.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

*POP!* Gone!

I wonder how many are being bought by speculators for scalping purposes? <_<

The Auld Grump

Most of them?

• Sad 4

For those who live in EU, goblin trader have the Beholder in stock (and the"Add to cart" is green so it means they have many) :winkthumbs:

• Like 1

I'm now in the routine of ordering everything I want from a wave as soon as it is announced (and the webshop I'm ordering from has them ready to pre-order) and pay on delivery.

Just got the stuff from the wave with the owlbear in this week.

It's key to just order stuff from 1 wave (at least here) and make a new order for the next wave, otherwise they won't get everything ready at once.

But that owlbear is looking cute.

• Like 1

I may pick up some more monsters; I got the beholder from my Flgs.

however, after seeing them in person, for 90% of the items I personally prefer the reaper aesthetic. The heroes in particular had great detail, but looked too small and thin compared to my reaper minis. The centaur, gryphon, and t-Rex monsters were also quite small. I did love the beholder, shambling mound, and pathfinder goblins. Most of the rest I can pass on.

That said, it’s great to see another affordable option, and variety is good for everyone. I may not care for the thinner models, but I could see many who prefer the more proportional aesthetic. :)

Edited by undel
  • Like 5

I've finished my first WK mini repair - I had a fire element arm pop off at the shoulder.  It broke on the assembly joint rather than the material, which is good.  The joint itself went back together with just regular CA, though it was very nearly a flat on flat joint - not pinned or keyed like you see in bones.  I suspect the joint wasn't correctly/completely made at the factory.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mikem91 said:

I've finished my first WK mini repair - I had a fire element arm pop off at the shoulder.  It broke on the assembly joint rather than the material, which is good.  The joint itself went back together with just regular CA, though it was very nearly a flat on flat joint - not pinned or keyed like you see in bones.  I suspect the joint wasn't correctly/completely made at the factory.

One of our cats keeps trying to bat the beholder off the desk.

And it does not fit in our miniature cases.

Edited by PaganMegan
  • Like 2

That's why I kept the nice little box that it was mailed to us in. ::):

Also, I sneaked in and fixed your post - I see that the Fire is continuing to torment you. (You have far, far more patience with the beast than I would have. My thumbs are not made for typing. <_<)

The Auld Grump

• Like 2

Heh - the Beholder that had been on back order for six months finally came in! ::D:

Once again holding an unpainted Beholder in my hand... I am once again impressed with the model.

WizKids did a great job with it.

I think that this one will be the bad guy Beholder in the cops game. He looks too scary to be the Captain.

::P:

Kind of disgruntled that I still also want the GF9 The Xanathar... just for the police captain.... <_< Then again - he will see a lot of use, which makes it more justifiable.

The Auld Grump

• Like 5