Unpainted Minis from Wizkids

If I ever run We be goblins 3 at Rcon again, I should buy another wagon set. Happy to have the one set + extras.

Hmm, I may have enough game store credit to get the villagers set for free. I may have to enquire tomorrow night.

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey there, Justin from WizKids, just popping in to clarify a few things.   1:  The reason a company releases a line as a collectible has more to do with the tooling model, cost per mini and

Already primed sounds great until you realize it means "dipped in primer straight off the production line, flash, mold lines, and assembly errors included at no extra charge".  There's also no price r

I picked up a copy of the Nozur's Treant last month. It's pretty big. The level of detail, as with all their models, is mushier in real life than in the computer renders they show in the ads, but as w

Posted Images

As a DM the monsters are infinitely more interesting to me than 90% of the character mini packs- something I foolishly did not anticipate when first getting into minis as I bought (or was bought) a LOT of character packs, which are almost all on the shelf of shame as I prioritise things I see myself using first! When I need a humanoid baddie though they're handy- but for the most part when I see those "new release" lists, my eyes go straight to the monsters.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, MiniDungeonMaster said:

As a DM the monsters are infinitely more interesting to me than 90% of the character mini packs- something I foolishly did not anticipate when first getting into minis as I bought (or was bought) a LOT of character packs, which are almost all on the shelf of shame as I prioritise things I see myself using first! When I need a humanoid baddie though they're handy- but for the most part when I see those "new release" lists, my eyes go straight to the monsters.

I tend to use NPCs more than monsters - so having the character packs is nice.

Some can be generic - 'Evil Necromancer #45, reporting for duty!'

But it is nice when I can put a mini on the table and the players go 'Crap, this guy, again!' (Or, in the case of Laori Vaus - 'Hey! It's Laori! I like her!' - which is weird, cause Laori is pretty danged evil.... but friendly. I used a Privateer Press Satyxis - modified - for her, since Reaper never gave her a mini....)

The Auld Grump

• Like 6
6 hours ago, haldir said:

If I ever run We be goblins 3 at Rcon again, I should buy another wagon set. Happy to have the one set + extras.

Hmm, I may have enough game store credit to get the villagers set for free. I may have to enquire tomorrow night.

It's kind of hysterical to me that the only of the Iconic Goblins represented in this line, is the We B4 Goblins version of Mogmurch!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

It's kind of hysterical to me that the only of the Iconic Goblins represented in this line, is the We B4 Goblins version of Mogmurch!

Well technically you can add the 2nd ed alchemist iconic, Fumbus but yah + it's not his more familiar looking skull mask version either.

As far as re-occurring, currently in my Monday night game, it's a flying green dragon prepainted mini I have. Mainly due to  the guy kicked the player's butts & the way he did it as well. One player is still irked on how I ran his alignment but eh, older player what do you expect. I expect the players to go back after him once they'e leveled up a bit & I welcome it!

If the new young green dragon is out before they go back, I hope to have that one + get all of the tower printed out & have a good looking game to along with a hopefully a memorable encounter.

• Like 3
15 hours ago, haldir said:

Well technically you can add the 2nd ed alchemist iconic, Fumbus but yah + it's not his more familiar looking skull mask version either.

True enough.  Poor Damiel and Mogmurch.  At least they didn't get screwed over as much as Bob the Iconicish AntiPaladin when they came up with that weird bug armor Duergar guy for the Evil PCs for "Hell's Vengeance"

Image result for bob the antipaladin

(That's Bob)

• Like 3

Bought with my game store credit last night, the upcoming villager box set! Heck, I could have gotten 2 sets with the amount of credit I had accumulated. Nice is this is funds from donations by my game groups. I appreciate the cash!

• Like 7

We got to see the gargantuan Green last night - the model is not as bad as I might have feared.

Andrew's paint job was interesting - the front of the beast was filthy - like it had been rooting in mud.

I think he took my advice on why the critter has that enormous horn, and ran with it. He also had trees on the base, with the dragon pushing one of the trees aside, exposing the roots.

I think he may also have given it the ability to burrow - though I could be wrong in that regard.

The Auld Grump - the beastie is big.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Corsair said:

A while back, there were some cat people shown. What are they called so I can look for them?

Tabaxi, the pack of male rogues is available now, female rogues this summer. Other classes? A mystery. 

You may need to stack cat upon cat and climb to the moon for other cat classes.

20190324_204106.png

• Like 6