Sign in to follow this  
Pingo

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Part 1: All Quiet on the Martian Front Specter Armored Car

Nice! Ya know every time I see a purple vehicle, I'm reminded of the bright purple car my colorblind Dad bought with out my Mom's approval or opinion. He pulled up to the house pleased as punch with his BLUE car. He insisted to the day he passed, that dang car was blue. My sis and I thought it was hilarious, our Mom...not so much. That car was awful. It's a good memory of him. So not only does your awesome car look awesome, it made me smile extra wide for the memory.

• Like 8

Whoa but that is one sweet steampunk vehicle!  Purple definitely suits it and I like how you managed to grunge it up whilst painting in monochrome (I've no idea how that's done).  

• Like 1

I love it. Purple was exactly correct.

I want very badly for it to have a novelty horn, so anytime someone cuts the driver off, he can lay on the horn and the car will shout "EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!"

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Standifer
      If any of you have looked at the Hero forge interesting creature builds you may recall me posting some pictures of a squad of commandos called Crusader squad. Let’s just say I succumbed to the temptation to get the stls for my printer.
      Currently I only have four printed off. I’ll do the rest when I get them supported. 

Bombedier

Shadow, I didn’t get his arms supported right so I’ll try to do some repairs to them. If it works I don’t think I’ll print a replacement.

Thunderhead

Max Monova. I really didn’t like his original stance so I redid it and gave him two pistols instead of a pistol and gauntlet blade.

Primer

Added some black green and some blue to Monova’s pauldron.
      Thanks for looking!
    • By Gadgetman!
      Story
      Welcome to the Splintered Light Miniatures 15mm Return to the Black Root Forest Kickstarter Campaign.  For many years, renowned sculptor Ben Siens has added great sculpts to our line of fantasy figures.  A year ago, we ran a successful campaign adding beastmen and treemen into our range of miniatures.  Over the past year, Siens has sculpted more wonderful figures for us and we decided to offer them to you via a second Kickstarter.
          Our primary goal for this campaign is getting the funds needed for the production molds and initial castings.  Our hope is that as we get the funding for production molds, we can also keep Ben sculpting new figures for future lines.  We need you help to get this done so please pledge today!
        Our plan is to have 11 new codes but we will also be offering these along with the entire range of Ben Siens sculpted figures.

There's only 4 days left in the campaign, so if you want some well-made 15mm goodness...
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/splinteredlightminis/return-to-the-blackroot-forest/description

• By odinsgrandson
      Wear and tear is usually a welcome addition to most vehicle models. After all, tank armor is made to take a few hits.
      One of the things to keep in mind when painting something like that is the story it tells. Where and how you place it tells of how the damage happened. Rusty areas are older than shining metal showing through- moreso if there are streaks of rust leading down. A combination of rust and metal shows that this is a place where the rust layer gets scrapped off.
      This vehicle is from Seedy Tea Publishing‘s Simulacrum Protocol line.

• By aku-chan
      Twisted are returning to Kickstarter soon, it's still in the teasing stage at the moment but there should be more details next week.

Since their first Kickstarter wrapped up pretty dang late (even by usual Kickstarter standards), I'm hoping they've learnt a few lessons and keep this one fairly small and manageable.
    • By Pingo
      Coincidentally, I had this figure very nearly done two days ago when the sad news of Diana Rigg’s passing was made public.

It always was a tribute to her incandescent portrayal of Emma Peel in the old British TV show “The Avengers”, but now it’s a memorial as well. Requiescas in pacem, Ms. Rigg.

The figure is “Pandora King (Classic)” from Crooked Dice miniatures. Crooked Dice has a minis game based on cult TV and they’ve produced a lot of different figures suitable for that sort of storytelling.

• Who's Online   21 Members, 4 Anonymous, 49 Guests (See full list)