Sign in to follow this  
canuckotter

Fabulous Force! (GW space marines)

They look.. fabulous!

Since you're asking for suggestions, I'd go a bit darker in the recesses, probably right down into a dark purple.  I'm looking at those grilles on the back of the leg, and the spaces between the chest icon, and thinking they need more pop.  Maybe some kind of liner between the silver and pink on the pauldrons, though going darker in the shading might address that anyways.  Go with a different shade (purple?) on the vambraces and thigh protectors, and add some unit identification.  Numbers, logos (A big red heart with a black outline?  A glorious unicorn face a la UOL (http://cdn2.esl.tv/fileadmin/user_upload/IEM/Season9/teamlogos/UOL_logo.png), whatever.  Just something to break up the monotony of color and give them more depth of character.

• Like 5

Somewhere, a space marine fanboy is having an aneurism. :lol:

Nice work!

Like you said, the skulls on the backpack should be a different color, and maybe do the mouth grills a darker color?

edit---typo

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 7

I'd consider a ruby color if you have it or a darker, still metallic, red for the skulls. Maybe even a metallic burgundy?

Edited by lexomatic
  • Like 1

Clearly they need their baby blue counterparts.

Periwinkle — that's a blue right?

• Like 2

Clearly they need their baby blue counterparts.

Periwinkle — that's a blue right?

A sort of light blue/purple, I believe.

Somewhere, a space marine fanboy is having an aneurism. :lol:

<snip>

This is pretty much the exact reason I had so much fun painting these guys pink. Well, that and I have a magpie's fascination with sparkly things. ::P: But mostly it was the thought of defensively-macho goofs freaking out over miniature fictional soldiers being painted such a "girly" colour. To be honest, I've always assumed that roughly half of the space marines are women anyway, so having "girly" armour is kind of a nonsensical thing in the first place. Which makes the idea of defensively-macho fanboys freaking out about it that much more hilarious to me. :lol: 

• Like 3

Heh. I'm sure somebody would freak over it but most 40K players I've known would look at these, assume they are Slaaneshi, and break out their Chaos Marine hunting army of choice.

40K has some fairly subversive chapters of marines even amongst the Imperials for that matter. The Rainbow Warriors being my favorite.

• Like 2

Love it. Reminds me of one of the two times I played 40K. (Actually Rogue Trader) My oppenent had a force that looked like this..the "Pink Floyds".

• Like 2

Howdy,

Convert the skulls on their backs into Hello Kittys!

Just sayin',

Kev!

:lol: I like this plan. ::D: 

Yeah, like others have said, any color scheme could be fitted into the fluff.

On the other hand ,square bases are no longer codex approved.  

Purge!

There's about a 0.1% chance I'll ever actually play Warhammer or 40K, so I'm not terribly concerned with what the rules say. ::P: The bases I use are actually Hirst Arts tiles, they give a nice bit of weight to the bottom of the minis so they're harder to accidentally knock over.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rat13
      At the moment I'm not exactly starved for projects (I've actually got a long list taped to my desk), but what I really wanted was something quick and easy. Luckily one of the projects on that list fit the bill perfectly so my third Imperial Guard joke squad has started. 

Unlike my "Fabulous" squad or even my Tau defectors this is a more nuanced joke. Instead of painting battle hardened Cadiens I'll be painting a squad of the Planetary Defense Force. GW lore is a funny thing whenever comparisons are made as any player can tell you. So while the Imperial Guard especially the Cadiens are "elite" warriors completely at home on the battlefield the Planetary Defense Forces are easily killed cannon fodder living the cushy good life on Imperial worlds. The PDF act as peacekeepers and the first line of defense during any attack and they usually end up dying in droves (not unlike the actual Guard). 

The only real difference at least on the actual tabletop will come down to color scheme. I've decided a peacekeeper's color scheme would work well and I've come up with two options. 
      I think I prefer the blue tunic with the grey armor, but the reverse could work too. I figure I'll just sleep on it and decide tomorrow with fresh eyes, but I'm open to any thoughts/ideas.
    • By WhiteWulfe
      The Al Fasid, also known as "The Corrupted", are HaqqIslam's heavy troopers that will get the job done no matter the cost.  Their methods aren't always the prettiest, and they're never the stealthiest, and they have their own tricks they bring with them to the table.  They don't care about glory, and are solely chosen for their solid record of getting the job done.  Some enjoy it, some are in it for the solid paycheque, and others do it because the only thing theyy know what to do is fight.  Today I have the HMG version, who also conveniently carries a grenade launcher that can shoot either regular grenades to keep enemy heads down, or smoke grenades to provide additional cover.  Oh, they also pack anti-personnel mines with them too...

Since the "tactical rock" under his right foot kind of looked rather strikingly like the backpack for a Yu Jing (even though I'm not having any luck finding models to confirm this), I decided to try and test out my planned colour scheme for them.  That's right, I'll be going with a dark raver / cyberpunk burnt neon pink for their general colour, because why not - I'm going with hot orange for my Haqq...
    • By Pineapple
      Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/84371-2019-rpchallenge-questionsannouncements/
      All the information you need should be here.

As a change of pace from the Hard Mode Challenge, this round will have a Skill Challenge.

May and June 2019 Challenge

Your challenge is: 9!

Bonus Challenge: The First!
      "Mayday!" is an international distress signal used in verbal communication in ships and aircraft.  Your first bonus challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to paint a miniature in some distress.  This could be a diorama, an adventurer falling into a trap, villian whose weapon just broke, or anything else your mind can conjure.

Bonus Challenge: The Second!
      The Solstices: June marks the beginning of Summer in the Northern Hemisphere and Winter in the Southern Hemisphere.  Paint a miniature or a pair of miniatures showcasing this duality.

Skill Challenge: OSL
      Try your hand at painting a miniature using OSL or Object-Source Lighting.  If you feel like this is something that is already in your wheelhouse, work on your technical skills in another area.  Practice NMM, TMM, wet-blending, sculpting, or anything else you've been meaning to try.

As always, the game is made up and the points don't matter!
    • By WhiteWulfe
      Being that this is the figure that was the biggest reason why I picked up the Hassassin Bahram Sectorial Starter Pack (say that three times fast ), I was suspecting he'd wind up on my painting desk sooner or later...  I just didn't realize he'd have the honour of being the first finished this year, as well as my first finished Infinity miniature!

At some point in the near future I'll acquire some S2 holoprojector tokens for him, as actual 3D representations are nice.  Not sure where from, but I like my current Art of War Studios things, so probably theirs.

Oh, and for those who might be curious, that's a Global Evil Corp UniPod with two StairPods (well, one pack) in the first three pics, fourth one is a DuoPod with a StairPod alongside it.  Sadly no magnets yet for the terrain, but they're on the way, and will get here at some point
    • By Nameless
      I painted some minis from the Kill Team: Rogue Trader box. They are originally a nurglish warband called the Gellerpox Infected, but I will use them in my Swampstalkers army for Kings of War.
      The second line in the big unit is made of Titan Forge ogre pirates mixed with parts of the Reaper's Crab Man (SKU:44110). They are all now Butchers, and they also have the dedicated hero for them (Fleshripper, one with the cleaver ). Smaller guys are Horrors, wizards in my army.

• Who's Online   20 Members, 0 Anonymous, 43 Guests (See full list)