Sign in to follow this  
Chris Palmer

Malek, Necromancer (77172)(Bones)

Last week, before I left for the Cold Wars miniatures gaming convention in Lancaster, PA (Hopefully some photos from that on the House Tabletop thread later today!), I put the finishing touches on Malek Necromancer from the Bones I Kickstarter Necromancers set.  I'm now half way through this set, with two done, and two to go.

After he was painted (for tabletop use), and sprayed with Dullcote, I superglued a green nail-art gem to the circle at the top of his staff.  I think this detail turned out pretty nifty. 

As always, C & C welcome.

IMG_6552.jpg

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 22

Sweet.  I love the addition of the gem.  And I'm suddenly reminded of some similarity between this guy and Skeletor...

• Like 1

Great work Chris the gem looks fantastic

• Like 1

Another excellent paint job!  The gem was a really nice touch. 

Do you have plans to feature this handsome devil in a Frostgrave warband at some point, or are you just snow basing everything just in case?

• Like 1

Thanks, everyone, for the kind comments!  I'm glad you like what I did with the figure. :)

Another excellent paint job!  The gem was a really nice touch. 

Do you have plans to feature this handsome devil in a Frostgrave warband at some point, or are you just snow basing everything just in case?

Pippin-  This fellow will be the wizard for my Necromancer warband. (The Ghoul Queen I posed earlier will be the apprentice:  http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/67673-ghoul-queen-bones-77175/?p=1331187 )

As tempting as it is to snow base everything, I'm trying to just do it just for things I specifically plan to use for Frostgrave. :)

Great job!! Is that gem plastic or did you get it to shine like that with just paint? 

Llamaroo-  The gem is plastic.  I didn't do anything to it with paint.  In fact, I glued it on as the very last thing I did in finishing the figure.

• Like 1

Okay.  For some reason I was thinking you had someone else in mind for the necromancer.  Ah well.  Looking forward to seeing that whole band!!

• Like 1

He looks grim and frostbitten to me, so great job on him!

The plastic gem is a brilliant idea, good call there!

• Like 1