Talae

Dwarven Forge City Builder Terrain

Thanks! I am trying to push myself to get this done instead of pushing it off. There is a light at the end of the tunnel now. I just need to keep it going. (The comments are definitely helping to keep me motivated).

I now have 54 completely finished 4"x4" Streets tiles. The unfinished mosaic tiles and sidewalks are piled to the left. 

Here is all the finished tiles in a very quickly thrown together layout (note Sir Forscale near top left).

post-8303-0-11443600-1485068810_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Got the chance to play Zombicide today. We won Quest 4 only after drawing every single item card. 

The terrain makes this game even better than it already is. (Don't pay attention to the unpainted Tudor terrain)

Also, after scrambling before the game to paint everything, I still have the four mosaic tiles only half done, but everything else is completed for Streets.

post-8303-0-83017900-1485132311_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Awesome!  They look even better painted up for the game.  Now I'm jealous.  Thanks for posting.

Thanks! I can't lie, I was basking in the glory of the terrain during the game. Only wish I could have had more players to show off for :)

Step 2 done for all tiles. (The completely done tiles are off to the side).

attachicon.gif20170119_224108.jpg

Also, here is a shot with unpainted sidewalks, painted streets, painted sewers, and painted stone building. Is this what you were wanting to see? 

attachicon.gif20170119_224600.jpg

Thanks! They are too big for street gutters. :(

Yes but they work as a sub levels or a moat...

Finished the last four Streets tiles (now for the buildings and accessories).

post-8303-0-41823800-1485407981_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Wait till you get to the tudor walls....what a pain...Sad thing is I still feel I don't have enough....

Worse than stuff from the other sets?

Also, there is never enough with this kind of thing. Never.

• Like 1

Wait till you get to the tudor walls....what a pain...Sad thing is I still feel I don't have enough....

Worse than stuff from the other sets?

Also, there is never enough with this kind of thing. Never.

Oh yes...Why you might ask. Well it doesn't matter if you paint the wood first or second. Getting a dark color on a light color is a pain to fix...and trust me...it will happen...unless you decide to use tape or something...I used an entire pot of Agrax earth shape for all my walls...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BLZeebub
      This is something I started working on a looong time ago.  I finally made the push to get it done and get it out--probably donating it to one of the FLGSs.  WIP  here:  https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/87566-ruined-building-terrain-pic-heavy-ish/
      I wasn't trying to get too, too fancy with this.  Rather I began with the intent to see how quickly I could make a good enough piece of terrain.  Had I not taken a year-long hiatus from it I may have succeeded, as I think that barring drying times I have around.
      You can see a Bones skele or to lurking around for scale.  I was having a challenging time with my camera and the lighting (room is kind of in disarray at the moment), so I have a few different exposures here.
      Had a lot of fun with the fiddly bits like the graffiti, wire conduit, and dead plants.
      In the fist and second pics you can even see one of my new backgrounds in the...background--too bad I made it for a standard mini, not a large building.
      Questions, comments, critiques welcome!

• By Nightwing
      A craft store near me was going out of business, and I found the rock molding kit from Scene O Rama for $1. There was enough plaster to make  2 molds of each rock. I painted them as instructed with the provided paints, glued them to balsa squares and rectangles, added some dirt and the talus. Some bushes added for color and interest. I wouldn’t use balsa wood for this again. The washes and thinned down glues caused the balsa to curl. 

I figured id use them as difficult terrain indicators in our D&D games.  I’m thinking about running the old timey Isle of Dread adventure for my group, maybe these will come in handy. 

• By ultrasquid
      I didn't see this listed so:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/archonstudio/dungeonsandlasers-plastic-tabletop-rpg-scenery

I received an engineering sample of the product today. They're made of hard gray injection-molded plastic, my guess would be ABS from its hardness and density. The floor and wall ties fit together tightly, though it takes a bit of effort that likely would wear at paint on those surfaces had they been painted. Due to response from earlier sample recipients, the production tiles will be slightly larger than the samples.

• By BLZeebub
      This is just something that's been on the SoS for an embarrassing amount of time.  Finally making the effort to finish it up and move on.  Materials are corrugated cardboard on a base of stiff cardboard/MDF.  Rebar from paperclips.  Rocks, gravel, and sand, and a straw for the pipe.  Spray primed with black, wet brushed with gray hobby paint.  Next will be some highlights and a wash, some vegetation, and done.  Reaper Bones skelie for skale!  Pardon the rigged light box--lots of other house projects have my hobby room crammed with crap at the moment.

• By lexomatic
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/monstergaming/monster-adventure-terrain-3d-customizable-dandd-world-builder
      First created but looks cool.
  • Who's Online   17 Members, 1 Anonymous, 97 Guests (See full list)