Sign in to follow this  
Jasonator

Half Orc Fighter - halforc000002

I was reading an article about learning, and it said that you only learn when you are uncomfortable !!!

Well, I have been uncomfortable since I started this mini.  I honestly had NO idea what a half orc was, how to paint it,

How to base it, or what to do with it !  ROFL.

So I just started painting up a color scheme, then I saw the bracelet.. Female ??  Maybe...

So that changed a few things.  Then I just decided go for it, be uncomfortable, and do something different.

Well, Its different.  I mixed all my own colors, and just went for the Gusto.

Oh.. the rock is a chunk of tree bark !  (Like I said, something new for the basing).

So, Here is the Female Half Orc Fighter by Stonehaven.

Your C&C's are greatly appreciated, and desired.

Please let me know what you think..

I added a better photo showing her from a straight on view.

Now you can see her face.

Jay

post-12655-0-54428400-1458698681.jpg

post-12655-0-06565200-1458698682.jpg

post-12655-0-54525200-1458698682.jpg

post-12655-0-03849100-1458698683.jpg

post-12655-0-90195100-1458742751_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jasonator
  • Like 21

She looks great! I also really like the bark for the base, it gives a lot of texture to the piece as a whole. Fantastic work all around, Jay. ::):

• Like 1

Great work Jay the mini is excellent and the base really sets it off ;)

• Like 1

I like it! The red hair is a super touch!

I loved doing the Red Hair.  I was looking at blonde, brown, and said.. Nope, this needs to be a red head.. want that fire element in this one.

Playing with the highlights on a red head is always a lot of fun and challenge.  Thanks Chris !

She looks great! I also really like the bark for the base, it gives a lot of texture to the piece as a whole. Fantastic work all around, Jay. ::):

This is the first time I have used a bark base on a mini.  I actually watched three video's to get a grip on how it was done.

I found this piece of bark the day I spotted the Eagle outside.  Five steps in painting the base, but I LOVE it !

So much texture..Will have to work on more, and get different kinds of bark !!!

Thanks Ub3r

Great work Jay the mini is excellent and the base really sets it off ;)

Thank you Limey72, You know that I admire everything you do, so your comment about the base made me smile.

• Like 1

Nice work, especially on the hair.  The bark is a nice touch that I need to remember sometime in the future.  Sometimes we forget that not everyone in this hobby has played RPG's.  Most who have know what a Half-Orc is.  Sometimes that is a bonus, as it make one not locked into a fixed idea of how it should look.

• Like 1

The color scheme on this is great!

Thank you 72moonglum!

I really had fun playing with this.

I went a bit banana's playing with the shading, and with the metals.

I think I used brass, old bronze, copper, and orange mixed in with them to make them different,

and yet related.  I enjoying zoning out when I am painting a mini !

• Like 1

Nice work, especially on the hair.  The bark is a nice touch that I need to remember sometime in the future.  Sometimes we forget that not everyone in this hobby has played RPG's.  Most who have know what a Half-Orc is.  Sometimes that is a bonus, as it make one not locked into a fixed idea of how it should look.

Thanks Silvervane.  Red hair is always a kick.  Just have to remember to put that drop of matte varnish in there, and keep out of the shadows.

I want to start using more bark !  I loved how that came together (lots of effort, but once you get to the highlights.. OH YEAH.. all the darks in the crevasses really work in your favor.  Last week I got an invite to play a D&D Game... (guess it is time to buy a set of dice )..LOL

I'll still just continue being "unfamiliar" with some of these figures.  I like the creative aspect of it.  Thanks for the kind words.

• Like 1

I like the overall palette choice.  The way you did that hair and the red in the clothing was a brilliant idea.  Also the use of blue as an accent colour was inspired. Great work Jay!

• Like 1

I like the overall palette choice.  The way you did that hair and the red in the clothing was a brilliant idea.  Also the use of blue as an accent colour was inspired. Great work Jay!

Thank You Anne !!!

Oh it is sooooooooooooooo wonderful having you back on the Forums !

I hadn't even thought of the Blue "colour" !  (evil grin)..

Your comment is so greatly appreciated !

She Ugly!!!

Ok that was in Purple...

I love her!

Great idea to use that bark, love the redhair, and her armor.

Way to go Jay!

• Like 3

My only criticism is that, because of the angle of the photo, we can't see her face. She looks great Jay ^_^

Here you go Redambrosia,

I went back and took another photo to provide you with a full face...shudder ...ROFL.

I don't usually do a straight on photo since I'm using a phone camera, and a clunky tripod.

I like the way her face came out, especially the little beady green eyes.

Jay

• Like 1

Very Nice Work!

She Ugly!!!

Ok that was in Purple...

I love her!

He's hittin' on her Jay.....

• Like 2