WIP's from the past month, Sculpted tree, Autumn Bronzeleaf, Angel of Shadow

I painted the tree today and did some more work on the base.. I first was working on a square piece, but found a not used plastic round base which I found more fitting for my vignette. It is actually a utensils drain rack bottom from IKEA.. It costs 79 euro cents, a cheap alternative for a wooden base.  It's 128mm and got a nice beveled edge.

post-14632-0-53045200-1459463088_thumb.jpg     post-14632-0-72760500-1459463092_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know a nice set of sitting birds, preferably crows or raven? I know there was a set of bones familiars, but can't seem to located them anymore in the store. I found the metal variant, but I want a lot of birds, so it is going to be a costly endeavor at 7,99 a pack with only 1 usebal bird in it (02969: Familiar Pack VIII)

• Like 6

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still love this tree, it's awesome. 

Hmm birds... I'd have to look around, but I'm about to leave work for the day, maybe I can try to find you some tonight/tomorrow and get back to you on it.

thanks! very much appreciated.. I am not in a hurry so let me know when you had time to find something

• Like 1

I did some more work for the tree vignette and painted up 60147: Druid and Familiar. The familiar is done and the druid is near finished. I am thinking about bringing in some more colors but haven't decided yet which ones. I think I'll let it depend on how I will paint up Autumn Bronzeleaf.

post-14632-0-31607500-1460026324_thumb.jpg

As for the layout of the vignette I am still not really sure if this round base is maybe a little to small.. I want to put in some other animals besides the still to find crows or raven in the tree. As for the raven or crows I think I will delegate it to my brother who is a wizard with 3d printing. I found a few printable free 3d files and he will see how they will turn out once printed.

post-14632-0-63804800-1460026342_thumb.jpg     post-14632-0-94480900-1460026347_thumb.jpg

As for the layout, do any of you have any useful tips and advice on how to get it to a nice full, but not overcrowded, end piece?

• Like 9

As for the layout, do any of you have any useful tips and advice on how to get it to a nice full, but not overcrowded, end piece?

Yep, check out the Rule of Thirds, which is a good way to figure out composition on your vignettes and dioramas. Another blog on it.

Does anyone know what happened to the thread I started where I asked for crow or raven bird miniatures?

I can't seem to find it anymore.. Not even in my profile under contents filtered to show only my started topics..

That thread seems to have been deleted, perhaps people were posting actual links in there? The mods hate that and if too many post outside commerce links they'll delete a thread instead of just going in and editing posts individually.

• Like 1

I am close to finishing Autumn Bronzeleaf, some minor touch ups and she is done. I haven't had much time to work on the various dioramas, but now she is almost finished I can start with the new base. I decided that the round base is a bit to small to have all 3 miniatures and the tree on it so I will make a new slightly larger one out of foam. The crows is going to be another challenge.. The printed birds are all very rough and we are working on refining the finished look. I have no pictures of those yet, but once I do I will post them too.

first things first, here are the pics.

post-14632-0-03912900-1461670581_thumb.jpg     post-14632-0-88717300-1461670584_thumb.jpg

post-14632-0-43129800-1461670591_thumb.jpg     post-14632-0-86384800-1461670600_thumb.jpg

As always any C&C is much appreciated

• Like 4