Sign in to follow this  
Pochi

Seltyiel, Iconic Magus (Bones)

Painted this guy up to be my hubby's new illusionist character.

I had a love/hate thing going with him (Seltyiel not my hubby) for the past couple of days. He has so many little fiddly bits and it was hard to tell what some things were. Even looking at painted examples in the Inspiration Gallery didn't always work so I guessed at a few things. I am also not a huge fan of the spell effect thingie.

There are some things I am super proud of and some....not so much. He is for playing with though so I tried not to stress too much about the mistakes.

So, here he is just in time for tomorrow's game, Seltyiel who from now on will be known as Finagus the Illusionist who is also an archaeologist.

post-14071-0-29144200-1458906313_thumb.jpg

post-14071-0-15929300-1458906334_thumb.jpg

post-14071-0-00991500-1458906368_thumb.jpg

post-14071-0-64404400-1458906388_thumb.jpg

• Like 21

He looks super! I love the vibrant green coat, and I think you executed the spell thingy emerging from his hand very well (even if you didn't like it all that much) :)

• Like 3

Great job, I like the new vision you took for him with the vibrant colors. He's usually painted up very dark and muted.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! The color choices were basically my husband's since it is for his character. He said blonde hair, green and blue clothes. I wanted to use a really bright green for the highlights to make him pop.

His character's story is that he learned illusions from his grandfather who was the village magician. Finagus so far has gotten himself into all kinds of trouble trying out new illusions. He saw two guys in a pub and when one walked away, he used Best Face to change his face into the guy who left. He then walked over to where the other guy was still seated. The guy jumped up and punched Finagus right in the face and started yelling that he had just told him if he ever saw his face again, he would make him sorry for sleeping with his wife! Pretty much every time he uses this spell, he has wreaked havoc.

A flashy character needed a flashy paint job. My hubs says the mini is almost as sexy as he is! Haha!

• Like 3

You did a very nice job on him! I like the brighter colors, and he sounds like a very cool character, too.

Coincidentally, you've hit on one of the reasons I haven't tried painting mine yet---too much stuff that I can't identify.

• Like 1