Kheprera

SECRET SOPHIE WIP (Warning Pic Heavy in Spoilers)

I think it looks great, love those skelies and the fire!

I'd probably not put that on a plinth as it's a pretty large scene, or if you do, keep it pretty short no taller than an inch or so.

• Like 4

wow!!!  That's a fantastic use of color!  I love the blend between the purple and the orange/tan.  Really great choices.  Especially that hint of peacock green.  Your black and white phot really shows how saturated a green it is.  

Also, I love your tree!  :wub:

In terms of the base, I'd use the smallest space possible, knowing you can overhang a bit with the cork and still support the metal mini.  Your tree should be a bit lighter, so if any part has to overhang, I'd chose the tree.  Too large a space and you'll be fighting to fill it up. So if it looks like the tile will have too much emptiness, you could build up a smaller area in the center of it and leave some flat space around the composition blank.  Fill it up with a signature or writing, or just a plain, polished tile.

Alternatively, you could fill up the tile with a path leading around to the central composition.  This might take a bit more doing, though.  Not sure how complicated you want to get.  I am forever building spirals around things to draw the eye inwards. 

Keep up the great work.  You can do it!!

• Like 5

There will be a stream between the mini and tree, and I'll be using all sorts of cork to build up a small hill. The tree roots I plan to have cascading down the outside edge of of the cork.

I really should sketch it out. The base is only 4"x4", so it's large without being overly so. Also will populate the base with tombstones, small rocks, and other basing bits. I am going to try and keep the color of the tile showing through the "water" since I love it.

It's funny I can see it so clearly in my mind's eye, and the more I work on it the more it comes together.

Still have lots to do on the tree. I was linked (by knarthex) to a tutorial on making Spanish moss. And I'm still researching.

• Like 7

I agree, the color work you've done on the skeleton fire is simply scrumptious! :wub: I would never have considered putting those colors together, but they contrast so beautifully!!!

Your partner is very lucky, this will be a GORGEOUS piece when it's finished!

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 3

I agree, the color work you've done on the skeleton fire is simply scrumptious! :wub: I would never have considered putting those colors together, but they contrast so beautifully!!!

Your partner is very lucky, this will be a GORGEOUS piece when it's finished!

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

I was at a loss of words but YES This covers it perfectly.

• Like 3

I have not forgotten. My paint area is in disarray as I reorganize my house. When I do paint or work on stuff, it is this mini. Everything else is on the backburner until this is done.

Except the boxes of goodwill, which I need to send out. I have stuff sorted to put in, I just need to choose what to take out. :lol:

• Like 5

Beautiful work!

That Spanish moss tutorial is fantastic. I used it for my goblin with cyclops friend in swamp vignette ( and nope after nearly two years, still not finished)

• Like 2

I have done stuff!!!

Bulking up the trunk!

Here I used a 50/50 mix of Milliput and Green Stuff. I'm really liking this mix. It's easier to work for me.

sstreeupd1.jpg

Getting some interesting textures added, though not yet at the finished texture layer.

sstreeupd2.jpg

Here you can still see where some of the putty wasn't smoothed well. I've gone back over it since this picture was taken.

sstreeupd3.jpg

Overall, I'm still really happy with my progress on the sculpting part. Yay me!

• Like 11