Sign in to follow this  
Jasonator

Lara Kraft - Reaper-03576

I had no intention of completing another mini (let alone a mouseling) this week.

I just started working on her, and laughing, and giggling, and well.  She got finished.

I had a base in a baggie that I thought I would never have a use for, and well, I did !

So here we have Lara Kraft, Adventuress by G. Van Horne.

I have the picture of her in my mind breaking into a lair of bad guys, jumping onto the pillar at

the top of a staircase, and taking them all on !

I thought the gym outfit would fit her spontaneous spirit.

Your comments/ and criticism is great appreciated.

Do leave me a comment, I love getting your input.

post-12655-0-92924200-1459012739.jpg

post-12655-0-35389800-1459012740.jpg

post-12655-0-81289600-1459012740.jpg

post-12655-0-28403600-1459012741.jpg

post-12655-0-78577800-1459012741.jpg

• Like 21

Excellent I love this and an alien egg base

• Like 1

Nice work on the yellow top!    She is cute and jumping out of an alien egg as a surprise for the bad guys works as well!

• Like 2

She is very cute, and surprisingly well-paired with the ... alien pod base? I think you did an unexpected and effective thing with her eyes.

• Like 1

She is very cute, and surprisingly well-paired with the ... alien pod base? I think you did an unexpected and effective thing with her eyes.

Thanks  Pingo;

I was really fighting the white fur.  It wanted me to go "bright white...which looked phoney"..  So I kept going lighter and lighter on the gray scale.

Interesting you picked up on the eyes, I did a little pink spot, and then washed darker around they eye to put the outside in shadow.

I think that is what you are mentioning.  White is so difficult to use, made me prance through my paces.

Thanks for your input.

Edited by Jasonator

Nice work on her!

I think you hit it out of the park by pairing her with that base; very nice job there!

• Like 1

Alien Egg ???

I had to go and look it up !  ROFL.

So glad that worked out.. I had NO IDEA what it was except a giant Cabbage ! 

Gosh, that cracked me up !

• Like 2

It is easy to tell you had FUN* with the Furry Girl. I LOVE the colors & the base (it's things you know you'll have a use for that never get used). She is WELL & IMAGINATIVELY DONE!

*I can't imagine you doing anything that you didn't have fun doing. You are one of the most upbeat people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.

• Like 1

It is easy to tell you had FUN* with the Furry Girl. I LOVE the colors & the base (it's things you know you'll have a use for that never get used). She is WELL & IMAGINATIVELY DONE!

*I can't imagine you doing anything that you didn't have fun doing. You are one of the most upbeat people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.

Thanks Malafactus !

I can say the same thing about you and your creations. 

The differences between Lara Kraft and the "Half Orc Warrior" are night and day.  Color and base wise !

But you are right.. I had a blast doing each of them.

Thanks for the kind words. !!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By nervisfr
      hey,
      I don't remember if i have already posted a message about my blog  (Since 2014) :

If you are interested in conversions about figurines (mainly 28mm) and terrain. 

Go here : 
      http://chti-reanimator59.blogspot.com/

Some of my work are present on this forum like :

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/84673-77434-bones-yeti-chieftain-conversion-into-amazonian-creature/&tab=comments#comment-1834807

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/85147-from-bones-77170-clay-golem-to-maui-hawaien-hero/&tab=comments#comment-1803041

This is a french edition but the Translate button could be very useful to get the feeling of my work (lots of pictures and step by step to help you to understand.

Cheers
      Eric
    • By Zandoria
      PuzzleLock is 3d printable terrain for creating dimensional maps for your RPG games. The tiles connect together on the tabletop like a jigsaw puzzle! I have already created and tested PuzzleLock Caves and PuzzleLock Dungeons, now I am running a Kickstarter to raise funds to create additional playsets.  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/zandoria/puzzlelock-playsets
      We are 298% funded in our second week! I hope that you will check it out!

• By MiniDungeonMaster
      My first show off thread! Not because I am prouder of these than anything else, more that these were close to hand when I considered taking photos and keeping more of a visual record of my mini painting adventures.

OH's dad and partner got me these, amongst other, Otherworld Miniatures for Christmas and I thought these were really fun sculpts! I did these in one evening (and maybe another half hour the next day), and I'm happy with their table-top level quality. I used aquarium plant on the bases and I'm thinking I may go back and paint over that as it is quite bold- but for now I consider these done! 

Unfortunately I can't foresee these swamp-dwellers making an appearance in my City dwelling d&d campaign, but you never know! 

• By pcktlnt
      Link

About this project
      I've been making miniatures for about three years now, during that time I've made sculpts for various miniature companies as a freelancer sculptor. Now I've decide do to take the plunge and produce some of my own miniatures. That aspiration led me to Kickstarter.

I've been busy sculpting the range of undead miniatures presented here over the last few months. They're predominantly 28mm sculpts, the Undead Heroes are larger at 32mm scale, to fit their powerful status. I consciously made them an eclectic bunch, including animals. My vision of the undead force is a terrifying mix of all forms of life, bent to the will of their masters. 

During the course of this campaign, I'll continue to sculpt miniatures to add to the range. I have a Facebook Group - March of the Dead, where I'm working on suggestions offered by the groups members. The more popular ones will be joining the miniatures here.

The objectives of this project are to firstly see the miniatures produced in white metal by Macrocosm Miniatures and in your possession In a timely manner. 

If things go really well, then hopefully I can also get a shiny website made, so I can continue producing miniatures and offer them online.

Anyway. I think that covers the background. Time to show you the miniatures on offer.....

To select multiple rewards, pick one of your choices, then amend the total to include the grand total. I'll then collect the details of your order with the Pledge Manager.

• By Gadgetman!
      Bunny Girls, modeled by Brother vinnie. Need I say more?

There's also a set of bunnies to choose for those who need a familiar or just to add to a diorama.

• Who's Online   40 Members, 2 Anonymous, 182 Guests (See full list)