Sign in to follow this  
Jaws

14399: Nefsokar Awakened, as Necrotect

Really just gave him a decent weapon. I think he looks the part.:

post-13938-0-30461900-1459220626_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jaws
  • Like 17

Very nice!  Also I believe that is a GW Flagellant's whip if I am not mistaken.  They made some good cultists for me.

• Like 1

Very nice!  Also I believe that is a GW Flagellant's whip if I am not mistaken.  They made some good cultists for me.

That's correct. Got quite some bits left over from my previous project. :)

He is cool! Not sure if it is the lighting or how he is painted but I like the yellowed, aged look to the bandages.

• Like 1

He is cool! Not sure if it is the lighting or how he is painted but I like the yellowed, aged look to the bandages.

Thanks! It's the paint. He has been shaded with Seraphim Sepia and Agrax Earthshade. Then highlighted with Reapers' version of Bleached Bone (cream white, can't remember the name), and finally weathered with a thick, old Snakebite Leather.

Same way I did the Lord: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/59949-02885-khalith-mummy-lord/

Edited by Jaws
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Inarah
      This is the Bones version.  I used her for an experiment with Contrast paints.  I think it worked ok, but the softer detail gave a less desired effect -- at least on the armor. I had to go over that again with an ink wash.  The red came out very bright.  Maybe I could have gone over that with ink, too, but I liked the vivid contrast. She is a vampire, after all.  I drybrushed a little silver metal for highlights on her armor, looks good in hand, but the flash caught it and it looks like white spots in the pic. 

• By Inarah
      An experiment with metallic paint.  Not sure I like how he came out, but the players sure won't miss their perception checks for that red armor.  Chopped up his cloak a bit trying to get him on a sculpted base, and the color washed out a bit in the flash. 

• By pinkymadigan
      https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/15/old-world-new-warhammer/

I don't particularly care myself, I've been playing Kings of War since right before 2nd edition and intend to stick with Mantic, but I find it fascinating that they think people who already scrapped their square bases are willing to return to a system run by the very company that asked them to rebase in the first place.
    • By Glitterwolf
      A new unit for my Shifting Sands Project.
      WIP  here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79372-shifting-sands-glitterwolf-paints-egyptian-undead/&page=9
      Egyptian Warcats with Handler.

Handler = Reaper Egyptian Princess SKU: 03506 ( she comes with a baboon which will make an appearance later)
      Black Panther is the New BONES IV Phase Cat with his tentacles removed SKU: 44042
      Lion= Bones Lion SKU: 77341
      The Panther with the Princess is from Ral Partha I got it from a BOGW
      The Leopard is from the Companion Animals Set  Bones SKU: 77216
      The Nehekharan Warcat is the Reaper Elven Hunting Cat SKU: 14453

I used Vallejo Desert Sand and some Greenstuffworld Egyptian Ruins for the bases.

Hope you enjoy them.

• By Glitterwolf
      Finished the Bones Version of the Avatar of Thoth.
      Sculptes a bit of ruins with a Greenstuffworld Rollerpin.

Thoth is often depicted as an Ibis, I choose the Red Ibis as inspiration.

WIP here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79372-shifting-sands-glitterwolf-paints-egyptian-undead/&page=9

Lots of pics, I tried my new cell phone and it seems to do it's job well.

• Who's Online   25 Members, 3 Anonymous, 297 Guests (See full list)