ReaperCon 2016 Painting Competition Manufacturer Awards

Heisler

Hi Mocha - thanks for your concern. I apologize for the confusion the stipulation has caused.

Ladystorm is correct in the annotation - the following rule should read:

Artists who Bombshell Miniatures has previously paid for commissioned painting work for their own studio models will be exempt from the Bombshell manufacturer's prizes.

If the Admins can edit the original post to reflect this clarification we would certainly appreciate it.

As of now this only excludes:

Myself

Vicky Morgan-Keith

Mary Profitt

Martin Jones

Jessica Rich

Meg Maples

Elizabeth Beckley-Bradford

We felt that it was more conducive to award artists who were not part of our paid team to compete.

This levels the entries for the Bombshell award consideration and avoids the implication that we would favor our own paid contractors over other unaffiliated artists.

This in no way affects any of the other categories, manufacturers considerations, or requirements.

We hope this sounds fair to the entrants.

We look forward to seeing all of the entries and are all very excited to sponsor awards in the painting competition this year!

--Patrick the Sculptdude

• Like 14

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mocha - thanks for your concern. I apologize for the confusion the stipulation has caused.

Artists who Bombshell Miniatures has previously paid for commissioned painting work for their own studio models will be exempt from the Bombshell manufacturer's prizes.

If the Admins can edit the original post to reflect this clarification we would certainly appreciate it.

Myself

Vicky Morgan-Keith

Mary Profitt

Martin Jones

Jessica Rich

Meg Maples

We felt that it was more conducive to award artists who were not part of our paid team to compete.

This levels the entries for the Bombshell award consideration and avoids the implication that we would favor our own paid contractors over other unaffiliated artists.

This in no way affects any of the other categories, manufacturers considerations, or requirements.

We look forward to seeing all of the entries and are all very excited to sponsor awards in the painting competition this year!

--Patrick the Sculptdude

Ladystorm rephrased it quite well! Thank you Cheryl!

I have updated the first post to reflect this. Thank you for speaking up Patrick!

• Like 3

Will any of the manufacturers also be awarding trophies? Will Dark Sword have the cool glass trophies like at Gen Con?

Typically not. I think Jim already mentioned to Michael that he would keep the glass trophies GenCon. Of course the Reaper manufacturer award comes with the best trophy anyway, the Sophie.

• Like 6

Does the Ares Mythologic (non Draconia) include any Ares mini, or does it have to be from the Ares 54, Ares 75 or Ares Bust selection?  I,e, are the Dark Storm and Special minis allowable?

There is no stipulation on which Ares miniature you paint. Anything goes!

• Like 2

Myself

Vicky Morgan-Keith

Mary Profitt

Martin Jones

Jessica Rich

Meg Maples

--Patrick the Sculptdude

I really like this rule. :D

• Like 1

So, as I begin preparing my ReaperCon entries, I really want to do a Bombshell Miniatures piece.  However, I had a question about the required "purity" of a piece to qualify for the manufacturer-specific awards.

To give some substance to my question:

I want to paint the witchhunter-themed Bombshell Babe, and I want to have her battling a few skeletons which are rising from the ground, but my skeletons are Reaper skeletons.  Since the skeletons are basically just a basing element, would they be permissible on a Bombshell Miniatures piece, or would my entry not be "pure" enough to qualify?

• Like 1

As this will be my first ReaperCon, and the first time I enter minis into the painting contest there, I am wondering if there is a 'standard template' for cards to be placed with the entries?

As my penmanship is execrable, I would prefer to print something before hand, that way people could read the thing!

I would think it would have the

Mini's name and sku

manufacturer

Painter's Name

Anything else?

and a standard size for the card?

Thanks!

George

• Like 1

There is not a standard template. In fact I would say 90% of the entries don't have or need a card. Most cards are used in the open competition to describe conversions. Feel free to put what ever info you like on the card.

• Like 1