Sign in to follow this  
TGP

Getting to Know Each Other - April 2016

Hmmm.......people have already taken care of mosquitos so I will get rid of bedbugs or lice. Both are gross and even the thought of them causes me to itch!

Resurrect......this is actually harder for me. I do think evolution weeds some things out for the best. I would have to do more research and choose something that is gone because of the most invasive species on the planet - us!

• Like 2

I'd like to get rid of the invasive species that have cropped up in North America over the past several decades, on land, in the air, and under water.

• Like 3

Question — April 15th, TV: What are some of your favorite quotes or catch phrases from Telly (or movies)??

Ana'l nathrach, orth' bha'is's bethod, do che'l de'nmha.

Aragorn's monologue at the end of Return of the King.

"Make your wish(es)"~ The Djinn from  Wishmaster.

Weekend Scrolls Questions — April 16-17th: If you possessed a "Scroll of Genocide" and a "Scroll of "Resurrection" which species would you choose for each scroll? Also, which scroll would you read first?

I'll not interfere with The Cycle of Life and Death on that grand of a scale, so neither scroll would be read.

• Like 2

I don't have a good answer to this weekend's question but it has gotten me thinking that Kirk, Spock and co has set up an unsustainable future in Star Trek IV. With only the one mother whale and her two offspring in their time, there are going to be some major recessive genes coming out in humpback whales in their future. Maybe Inwould reserve my resurrection scroll for them to use.

I'm pretty sure the biologists of the 23rd century will be able to help them with that. 

Genocide: Mosquitoes, ticks

Resurrect: Baiji River Dolphin

• Like 2

Genocide scroll:- Dunno, I'd be worried about starting some sort of Domino Effect that wipes out all life.

Resurrection scroll:- Dinosaurs! I could start up some sort of theme park...

• Like 5

Resurrection: Cthulhu.

Genocide: Cthulhu, after realizing what a bad idea bringing him back was.

I'd do that just for the lulz!

Cthulhu: I live! Now, time to destroy this...

<Scroll of Genocide>

<Jokemeister falls over laughing>

• Like 5

I'd give the scroll of genocide to Hubby and let him decide. He's more vindictive than I am....

Anyway, I'd probably use the resurrection on wooly mammoths. Because then I could have my very own Snuffleufagus!

• Like 5

Weekend Scrolls Questions \u2014 April 16-17th: If you possessed a "Scroll of Genocide" and a "Scroll of "Resurrection" which species would you choose for each scroll? Also, which scroll would you read first?

Genocide :  Extremists..

Resurrection : Cronosaurus ( that will show those whalers!)

• Like 3

Resurrect that supposed birth control plant that the Romans wiped out. Genocide, nothing reserve it as ultimate sanction in the event of hostile aliens/wizards. Anyone even thinks of invading earth they get annihilated.

Let's not be hasty here--I'd give the invaders an opportunity to make their case.  For example, I wouldn't stop the aliens in Childhood's End in the slightest.

• Like 1

Weekend Scrolls Questions — April 16-17th: If you possessed a "Scroll of Genocide" and a "Scroll of "Resurrection" which species would you choose for each scroll? Also, which scroll would you read first?

Scroll of Genocide: Mosquito. Easy.

Scroll of Resurrection: I would have it locked in a vault for the last human to read.

• Like 3

Fake edit: though I might lump in all bitey bugs if I had a kind djinn (deer flies, black flies (!!), chiggers, etc). Black flies in the Adirondacks get so bad you dream of 'just' mosquitos and you learn when black fly season is to avoid hiking in areas. You learn to read the weekly black fly reports put out by the DEC.

But mosquitos are the most pervasive, so they go first.

• Like 3

Nothing I'd particularly care to wipe out, but I'd keep the resurrection scroll handy in case the Texas horned lizard population keeps slipping. I miss seeing the little buggers everywhere.

• Like 1

Question — April 18th — Today is the Day of Taxational Doom in the US:

::): Refund?

:mellow: Broke even?

::(: Paying more?

:down: Owing lots more?

::D: ...not in the IRS jurisdiction!!

• Like 4