Sign in to follow this  
TGP

Getting to Know Each Other - April 2016

Not yet, but who knows what the future may hold...painting-wise that is. There are a lot of things that Folk do that I don't; e.g., I don't paint unassembled minis or usually unbased ones, etc..

• Like 6

Question — April 18th — Today is the Day of Taxational Doom in the US:

::): Refund?

:mellow: Broke even?

::(: Paying more?

:down: Owing lots more?

::D: ...not in the IRS jurisdiction!!

::):

But it's all gone now...  :upside:

Question — April 19th: Do you ever try painting models on the sprue?

I never realized that was a thing...

• Like 3

Question — April 20th: OCD, perfectionism, and spell checking :: Do you go back and edit minor typos in your posts if you spot them later?

Edits

(See quoted versions below for original.)

Edited by TGP
  • Like 7

Question — April 20th: OCD, perfectionism, chellspecking :: Do you go back and edit minor typos in in your posts if you spot them laters?

Yes, frequently.

I try to restrain this impulse, but I am not always successful. It doesn't help that my typing is very error-prone. :down:

ETA: C'mon: How could I not edit this post?

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 5

Question — April 20th: OCD, perfectionism, chellspecking :: Do you go back and edit minor typos in in your posts if you spot them laters?

only if it is distracting, or makes it unclear what I was trying to say.

• Like 2

I have been kinda failing to answer the questions I have posed lately. Mostly because[:] busy, lack of time. But for this one I have [a] ready answer:

I do that.

This post has two errors** I will come back and fix later. The [question itself] has at least three. Also, if I quote somebody else's post and they made an obvious error, like a double article, e.g: "the the" or they typed "peal" when they obviously meant "peel" it will get fixed if I spot it.
:unsure:

[**turned out it was three; not counting "kinda"]

Edited by TGP
  • Like 4

Question — April 20th: OCD, perfectionism, Spellchecking :: Do you go back and edit minor typos in  your posts if you spot them later?

Look at my posts..I guess about 98% is edited...typos and such..

Edited by Xherman1964
  • Like 3

I have been kinda failing to answer the questions I have posed lately. Mostly because busy, lack of time. But for this one I have an ready answer:

I do that.

This post has two errors I will come back and fix later. The itself question has at least three. Also, if I quote somebody else's post and they made an obvious error, like a double article, e.g: "the the" or they typed "peal" when they obviously meant "peel" it will get fixed if I spot it.

:unsure:

I will admit that I briefly entertained the notion of editing your question to change "perfectionism" to "prefectionism" in my answer post. :upside:

• Like 4

You magnificent elfbarker...  :ph34r:

I will sometimes go back and edit, but normally I just leave it alone. I've been trying to get over the constant need to make everything perfect.

• Like 4

Sometimes. Sometimes I care, sometimes I don't. If it changes the meaning of a sentence I do all the time.

• Like 4

Question — April 20th

OCD, perfectionism, chellspecking: Do you go back and edit minor typos in your posts if you spot them later?

Never.

Well, sometimes.

OK, all the time.

:rolleyes:

But I've been paid to be an editor for more than 20 years now; it's an occupational hazard. Errors are unavoidable; leaving them in situ is not.

(I've been known to comment on misspellings in menus, too.)

• Like 9

Of course, I usually proofread my posts before I hit send, and I'll fix any errors that I spot afterward. Not everyone is good writing English, but as long as they try their best then it's all good. This world is descending into mediocrity and worse, and proper grammar is one of the last bastions against it. Otherwise you might as well just start handing out medals for participation to everyone so they can feel good about being lazy and not trying their best.

• Like 3

-doesn't quote the post so she doesn't have to fix it because wow that's really sneaky-

I edit many, many things. I get bugged by it!

Edited by Morihalda
  • Like 6

If I'm quoting someone I do not fix their text, otherwise it's not a true quote.

My text? All. The. Time.

Like Doug, I've been editing for a long time (15 years) so it's second nature.

And "Its'" is not a word! :grr: (Yes, I had to fight a SME who insisted the apostrophe went after the s.)

• Like 10