Captain Nemo, Airship Pirate

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, now I'm thinking: Reaper really needs a "gas mask pack."  :D  It seems there are so many minis that could be converted with a bunch of gas masks and a bit more brass and verdigris in the paint scheme, and -- presto! -- instant steampunk/dieselpunk.  Awesome airship in the background, too!

• Like 2

Jordan, you should be able to easily make gas masks using putty for the mask, thin wafers of plastic tubing (Evergreen or Plastruct) for the eye pieces, and thicker pieces of tubing for the filter canister(s). The tubing comes in a wide variety of sizes so you pick the size appropriate to your figure(s). Fill the eye pieces with putty, paint, and glosscoat for the tinted lenses. Scoop out the putty inside the eye pieces (or don't put it in there in the first place), paint the eyes and surrounding face, then fill the eye pieces with clear epoxy putty or one of the clear fluids used for making glass in airliner windows or tank periscopes.

X2 on the airship.

• Like 3

Okay, now I'm thinking: Reaper really needs a "gas mask pack."  :D  It seems there are so many minis that could be converted with a bunch of gas masks and a bit more brass and verdigris in the paint scheme, and -- presto! -- instant steampunk/dieselpunk.  Awesome airship in the background, too!

I actually used a Tamiya kit of miliatry gear which included a gas mask, and converted a reaper kobold so he looked like he was wearing it. I'd totally love actual bits from reaper though, like that as well!

@ Froggy - that is awesome! I LOVE them!!

• Like 2