• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looked at all their buildings....

My first thought was WOW! These are awesome!

My second was "Oh Lords of Lead, Please let me win the lottery, so I can but them all....."

Their tombstone pack has ravens if you are looking for birds....

• Like 5

Just looked at all their buildings....

My first thought was WOW! These are awesome!

My second was "Oh Lords of Lead, Please let me win the lottery, so I can but them all....."

Their tombstone pack has ravens if you are looking for birds....

Free worldwide shipping until the 23rd.....just saying. lol

I think I have finally found some birds, well, online. From here out everything I want is going to have to be ordered as I hit up all the local hobby shops. I found some basing stuff that I "needed" but nobody had the little animals. I am going to order the Busch small animal set for sure. I need to sketch out my idea and make a list of what I have coming, what I already have, and what I still need. lol

• Like 3

So cool! I'm a bit afraid to go look at the site and the prices...but the husband was just asking me what I wanted for my birthday...

They are actually really good prices, plus that free shipping... augh! I wish we had people in our area to play with, I want that forge and merchant shop baaaaaad....

• Like 6

I have actually been painting. (Ok, I got distracted playing Skyrim for a couple days but the table needed to be kept cleaned off over the weekend so there's my excuse!) The rest of the week I have been working on the stones.

I painted the stones each an individual base color. I think there are 6 colors. I then did a wash over the base colors and let the wash settle into the grooves because the mortar looked too light. I then drybrushed each stone with 3 different shades of the same base color. I then used a wash of the original color over each stone.

I wanted the chimney to stand out as different from the rest of the stones so I only did shades of grey. I used knarthex's DDS2 tutorial for ideas for the stones. After painting, using a dark wash, and then drybrushing with various shades of grey, I used soft wash, dark wash, blank ink, blue wash, purple wash, and green wash to dab and rub over the stones. I also did this on the colored stones of the walls as well.

Overall, it is a little darker than I had imagined it but I like it.

I have touched up the wood basecoat in a few places where I got paint on it or it wasn't dark enough. I will paint the windows next and then do the wood.

Now, for the shingles. I was originally thinking kind of a greyish blue. No particular reason, it is just what I pictured in my head. Would that be good or would a weathered greyish wood look better?

Also, opinion on the little bucket by the door. I plan on dabbing a bit of water effects in there. Should I paint the inside of the bucket brown as you would be able to see the bottom of the bucket with clear water or there is a flat surface in the bucket to indicate water, should I paint that a bluish color?

Here are pictures of the stonework on the walls and chimney. C&C and opinions welcome and appreciated!

post-14071-0-78937400-1460698898_thumb.jpg

post-14071-0-60056600-1460698915_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

Good! It is supposed to look like "found stones". Finished up the wood, shutters, door & shutter fittings and added the nails everywhere. Doing a bit of weathering on the wood yet. No pictures tonight because camera batteries died so I will scrounge some from somewhere tomorrow and take photos.

• Like 6