• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the bookcase and table (Bones) I have painted so far. I think the table will go in the cottage but the bookcase may go in one of the other houses. Just depends. I eventually want to order the furniture from Fenryll. They have a couple fireplaces that I really want since the interior of the houses do not have fireplaces to correlate with the outside chimneys.

I added a few of my favorite books to the bookshelf.

post-14071-0-44685500-1463711101_thumb.jpg

post-14071-0-76193800-1463711158.jpg

post-14071-0-38484600-1463711172_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

If you are still looking for garden animals, Ral Partha Europe has a set 31-025 "Lesser Animals" which includes a stag, a fox, a badger, a bobcat, a wolverine, a rattlesnake, and a warthog.

• Like 2

Thanks, Pingo! I'll give them a look, they sound cute.

I have accumulated quite a variety of animals as well as plants and other goodies. I have been working on painting up Egyptian guys for my campaign and haven't worked on the cottage's garden and stuff for awhile. I need to get back to it now that I have finally got the stuff together that I wanted!

• Like 2

Sorry, but I couldn't help resurrecting this topic. I recently bought some Tabletop World buildings and accessories and I was looking for some related post on the forum when i came upon your beautifully painted cottage and furnitures.

Basically, I'm wish to build a village or town like you, with animals and trees. So, it's great to see all you did so far. Your cottage is very colorful, really full of live.

Are you still working on this project?
I'm looking forward to see more of it.

• Like 2

The cottage itself is basically finished. I bought some more furniture both from Tabletop World and some Fenryll furniture. Since the cottage has a chimney but no fireplace inside, I bought a few fireplaces as I have several buildings. I also have lots of little animals now. I plan on putting a cat maybe in the window looking in or possible perched on the edge of the mantle on the fireplace since there is a little mouse also on the mantle.

So, I have the cork board to make the base and sketches on how I want it to look and all of the materials to make it happen. I have been working on a couple other projects (DDS2 is the main one) so hadn't started constructing the base yet. I also was sick for a long time, hospitalized, and am now on the mend. My plan for the next 6 months is to paint, paint, paint to get me through chemo so I will most likely end up getting this based.

My husband bought me the inn from Tabletop World for my birthday and I plan on making it into The Leaky Cauldron and have started accumulating minis and assorted goodies to go in it! I love the Tabletop World stuff! Hopefully I will be entering my Leaky Cauldron in their annual painting contest next year. If you haven't checked out their entries for the past few years, you should take a look on their facebook. Amazing paint jobs and dioramas!

Thank you for being interested and encouraging me to get my stuff back out and finish the base! My cottage is in my display case atm.

• Like 5

Sorry to read about your medical issue. Hopefully the pleasure of the hobby will help you get through your treatment. It’s always good to have many projects going on so to keep the mind busy. I’m working on a few projects too, including a medium size display base. With time converting, painting and building diorama became my passion and I now spend all my free time enjoying the hobby. 

I had a look at The Leaky Cauldron, it a good idea to recreate that magical atmosphere with your diorama. I also visited Fenryll website and saw they have a 20% discount running on all their product until the end of July. That's a great find for me, I like a treasure chest full of surprises. I saw the medieval fireplace you are talking about. I think their farm animals would also be a perfect addition for any rural diorama. 

As for now, I bought five buildings and accessories from Tabletop World; the first cottage, the first Townhouse, the Merchant's Shop with the Groceries, the Blacksmith Forge and Windmill. As well as the Water Well, the Grain Supplies, the Furniture and the Town Square. I went big for my first order because I wanted to take advantage of the free Worldwide shipping promotion on orders above 250 Eur.

Even if I haven’t started painting anything yet, I already wish to buy more of their building. The quality of their product is outstanding, I think they even remove most of the mold lines before packing. It took some time for my order to arrive from Croatia, 30 days, but it was worth the wait.

Now, my dilemma is, should I paint my buildings as realistic as possible or should I rather go for a more cartoonish scheme of colors... I also thought of painting everything in a night light colors. I’m sure it would look great but I’m not sure I want to paint my entire Town with this pallet. Maybe I’ll make a smaller thematic diorama displaying a night scheme. I think it would be nice to have the Windmill motorized and cut open the windows to have led lights filter out from the buildings.

As you can see many projects are jostling in my head, I know the best is still to come.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Metalchaos said:

Sorry to read about your medical issue. Hopefully the pleasure of the hobby will help you get through your treatment. It’s always good to have many projects going on so to keep the mind busy. I’m working on a few projects too, including a medium size display base. With time converting, painting and building diorama became my passion and I now spend all my free time enjoying the hobby. 

I had a look at The Leaky Cauldron, it a good idea to recreate that magical atmosphere with your diorama. I also visited Fenryll website and saw they have a 20% discount running on all their product until the end of July. That's a great find for me, I like a treasure chest full of surprises. I saw the medieval fireplace you are talking about. I think their farm animals would also be a perfect addition for any rural diorama. 

As for now, I bought five buildings and accessories from Tabletop World; the first cottage, the first Townhouse, the Merchant's Shop with the Groceries, the Blacksmith Forge and Windmill. As well as the Water Well, the Grain Supplies, the Furniture and the Town Square. I went big for my first order because I wanted to take advantage of the free Worldwide shipping promotion on orders above 250 Eur.

Even if I haven’t started painting anything yet, I already wish to buy more of their building. The quality of their product is outstanding, I think they even remove most of the mold lines before packing. It took some time for my order to arrive from Croatia, 30 days, but it was worth the wait.

Now, my dilemma is, should I paint my buildings as realistic as possible or should I rather go for a more cartoonish scheme of colors... I also thought of painting everything in a night light colors. I’m sure it would look great but I’m not sure I want to paint my entire Town with this pallet. Maybe I’ll make a smaller thematic diorama displaying a night scheme. I think it would be nice to have the Windmill motorized and cut open the windows to have led lights filter out from the buildings.

As you can see many projects are jostling in my head, I know the best is still to come.

Thank you! I plan on staying busy and productive and keeping myself occupied as much as possible. Plus, since I am supposed to stay away from germy people, I have an excuse to be a hermit!

I love Harry Potter so my Leaky Cauldron will have the sign and then lots of little "magical" elements as well as characters and critters.

The Fenryll stuff has a lot of character and is the right scale to match up with the Tabletop World buildings. Also nicely detailed.

I am jealous of your order! Haha! I have the cottage, Townhouse 1 and 2, and the Coaching Inn as well as 2 sets of furniture. I am most likely going to paint mine in different colors/styles. I can use them together or not. I also thought about painting one with a nighttime scheme in mind with the windows lighted and OSL around the windows and doors. At the very least I plan on putting a candle in one window. They are just so much fun to paint and so many ways to do them! Warning, with all of the details, they eat brushes! I don't use my nice sables on them. I haven't had a mold line on any of my pieces and only one tiny bubble in the mold on a chimney I filled in with green stuff. They do take a bit to ship out but are totally worth the wait!

If you haven't already, take a look through all the entries for their annual contests on their facebook page. Some people combine a couple buildings together to make larger or different buildings. I am not that talented. Some people do lights, motorized bits, light up flames in the blacksmith shop, etc. Really inspiring stuff!

Also, tiniest rombus painted the windmill in case you didn't see it. Her WIP is here

I hope you do a WIP. I would love to see your projects!

And thank you all for the well wishes and compliments on the cottage!

• Like 1

Don't be jealous, you already started to build your little world and it's beautiful. I should be the green-eyed monster looking over your advancement and are you not the one getting spoiled with a Coaching Inn as a gift afterall... ::D:

Anyway, thanks for the link to Tiniest rhombus topic. It seems the cottage is very popular nowadays. And, thanks also for the tip regarding the brushes, I'll be careful and use regular ones.

Yes, I already saw many magnificant Tabletop building on the web, they're fascinating. I really can't wait to see your Leaky Cauldron, I know it's going to look fantastic. I'm definitly going to make a WIP too as I'll start painting my stuff. In fact, I'll start it right away here is the link to my Tabletop Village Wip. :blink:

• Like 1