Buenos dias, greetings and salutations fellow reaperites.

I am starting a wip for various reasons. I am trying to motivate myself to complete a few more lead/bone dollies. I hope to continue updating this as I make progress. Feedback of any kind will be greatly appreciated. Even the harshest critics. But you guys are an awesome bunch.

For starters I am half way done on this Warg. Sculpted by Jason Weibe and in the bones material.

I am attempting to make the warg appear if he is prowling on a moon lit nite. The shadows are a blue paint I can not recollect off the top of my head.

25581466654_51bae651b7_o.jpg

25913343980_1b7c0a64c2_o.jpg

Up next is the hell hound. The sculptor is Ben Siens and the material is bones. I am trying to give him a battle worn appearance. To give him that appearance I have painted on faint scars. Now how to improve them and give them depth is a condrum.

25913344000_8308e52f8f_o.jpg

25913343990_e6f96937b3_o.jpg

The next one I have up to finish is a mind eater. The sculptor is Patrick Keith and another bones miniature. The mind eater is an experiment using various mediums. I am also using him to work on different forms of shading techniques.

25581466664_077a39764c_o.jpg

And here is two different kroids. Sculpted by Gene Van Horn and in pewter. The details are amazing. I am trying to figure out the right zombie color I want for the kroid sniper.

25913344020_57e98d8e18_o.jpg

25913344010_5a58905a8b_o.jpg

And finally an oop rackham figure. I really like the sculpt and had bigger plans that I had to scale way back due to reality. I originally envisoned his skulls to be painted asgalaxys and a cosmic scene in the back ground. My talent is not up to par yet.

25913344030_0ca854f3f9_o.jpg

Thank you for viewing. And yep, need to work on editing and pic taking more.

• Like 5

Good work so far!

For scars you could apply a very little bit of green stuff or other sculpting putty in a smooth/jagged/whatever shape you want line and then paint them up.

• Like 1

Looking good so far!

Just a word about WiPs, the forum rules are such that they like you to do 1 mini, or group of themed minis per Wip thread.

George

Edit---> The updated rules were clarified in another thread.  See here and here.

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, here's  02603, Skrug the Bugbear Shaman. This model was sculpted by Ben Siens. It’s mounted on a 40mm round base and was painted with Reaper's MSP acrylics paint.

After a major earthquake shook the mountain range of western Zenitonia, Skrug and his clan had no other choice then move. Their entire lair was destroyed in a dreadful collapse. Dozens of Bugbear died or were trapped under the unstable rubbles, survivors had to leave.

Has Hruggek abandoned his fateful worshipers? For, after traveling by night and hiding in a valley of the Vermillion Hills, the horde had to stop by the Lynx River torrents. There, they were decimated by a group of adventurers passing by looking for Belladonna berries. Only two families managed to escape the slaughter crossing the river on a makeshift raft.

Belladonna or Wolfsbane berries are very toxic, they are also an essential ingrediant to concoct the cure against lycanthropy. But this is another story.

• By kazmania7
      always luv pirate's and a mind flayer, woot. Had trouble deciding the clothing for him but that decided to just go with a leather like feel.

• By Paradoxical Mouse
      I painted a raptor.

He was a speed paint to let out some steam.
    • By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, Now that the contest is over, here are more pictures of my converted 77038, Hell Hound. The original sculpt is by Ben Siens. This was my entry in Reaper's Facebook Convert and Paint contest. Khan is my elf riding dog in our D&D campaign. The contest was the perfect pretexte to make this conversion. I first removed all the spikes and flames on the hound's back. I then built the armor and saddle using green stuff and a paperclip. The chest is from Reaper's 02638, adventuring accessories. There were amazing entries in the contest and I managed to get an honorable mention. Thanks to Reaper miniatures and Matthew Clark for organizing this contest.

• By EvilJames
      So this  is an experiment in multiple  ways. First, when I painted this guy up. I wanted to try and paint a black wolf for something different. I wasn't  sure how to make the fur stand out, so this is the first time I've used reference photos. Also for the longest time I've been having trouble getting photos to turn out. They look fine on the phone but awful on my laptop when I try to edit them. Turns out, when you upload things to a potato, they look like potato.  So I'm seeing if I can make it work with just my phone. Anyway here we go.
  • Who's Online   31 Members, 1 Anonymous, 152 Guests (See full list)