Thanks Xherman !

This isn't one of those easy paint jobs.

I did have a lot of fun with the basing on this one.

Building a little trellis to put the flowers on out of a paperclip, and painting it up

cracked me up !  Thanks for the vote, and the comment !

Edited by Jasonator

He looks very good and regal!!!

He's a cat... That's inborn and has nothing to do with the beautifully painted clothes. 

I'm more a fan of the natural wreath instead of a golden one, but that's just me.

The base... 

You could have put him onto a large base, then used GreenStuff, milliput or something to make a flat floor that covered the cast base, added lines to mark out tiles, and painted it as a marble floor?

He's a cat... That's inborn and has nothing to do with the beautifully painted clothes. 

I'm more a fan of the natural wreath instead of a golden one, but that's just me.

The base... 

You could have put him onto a large base, then used GreenStuff, milliput or something to make a flat floor that covered the cast base, added lines to mark out tiles, and painted it as a marble floor?

The cast base has been removed, he is pinned to the cork base that I made.  I also made a trellis to attach to the base, painted it white, and added the purple flowers to it. 

Thanks for your input !

Oh.. Gadgetman.. Du kan snakker Norsk med meg,

Jeg snakker Nork.

I am an American, but I visit Norge every other year.

Edited by Jasonator
  • Like 2

The base... 

The cast base has been removed, he is pinned to the cork base that I made.  I also made a trellis to attach to the base, painted it white, and added the purple flowers to it. 

Thanks for your input !

Oh.. Gadgetman.. Du kan snakker Norsk med meg,

Jeg snakker Nork.

I am an American, but I visit Norge every other year.

"Du kan snakke Norske med meg"... Not "snakker" ;-)

Where do you hang out, then?

• Like 2

This is one of my favorite DS animal sculpts and you did a fine job painting him up!

Veni, vidi, vici!

• Like 1

This is one of my favorite DS animal sculpts and you did a fine job painting him up!

Veni, vidi, vici!

Thanks Pochi !

He is a lot of fun to paint, and at first I thought.. oh yeah...not that difficult until I got into those purple robes...LOL.

Highlighting that Toga takes a bit of thinking !

Color Choices also can be all over the place.  I thought gold/purple/blood Red/ even mint green for the white robe.

You can also make this a free hand nightmare if you want to.

I like when a mini provides me with a lot of options.. this one does!

Its up there with my favorite DS Mini's also.

• Like 1

The white works really good to contrast the purple. And purple is 'the right' colour for the toga. 

Here's a lot more info about purple than anyone would ever be able to remember, or have use for...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple

Thanks for the info !

Dang !  That is a lot of purple know how !

Thanks for all the likes gang.

I was wondering if everyone didn't like the anthropomorphic characters.

They are cute; however, don't underestimate the complexity of painting the Mini.

Dealing with that much fur, shadowing, highlighting, and blending will keep you dancing quite a bit.

Since I have picked up Ub3r's philosophy on basing, I have slowed down my painting speed,

but I sure have amped up my enjoyment.  So thanks again.