Dark Souls board game from Steamforged

SamuraiJack

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone feel that this project won't succeed? I put in a pledge and just want the minis since I'm a fan of Dark Souls, but I'm more concerned about the miniatures not coming into fruition.

I think it will deliver, but I think it will be 1-2 years late.

Everyone other than me in my game group are huge Dark Souls fans, in the end though they nixed it for the game play.

• Like 1

The pledge manager (due to close today) has been extended to the 6th of January. You know, the .... day before Kingdom Death 1.5 is due to close. Ouch.

So all that money I had set aside to go out of my account today has to basically stay there. I can spend a bit if paydays are awkwardly timed but essentially if I spend now I don't spend later. I seem to have the situation under control. Just reckoned some people here might like to be informed of the change.

As time goes on I'm actually less enthusiastic about this game.  Not doing anything beyond the core pledge unless they show me something that is really awesome.  Haven't so far though.

Yeah, I'm increasingly negative as well. The level of incompetence is staggering for a professional organisation with some scale and experience. How do you not get the game play video up before the pledge manager closes? How do you not have that during the campaign?!?

Very bizarre. 

Edited by CthulhuDreams
  • Like 1

While I also think it is silly they do not have it up, I have a feeling it is because they have to get approval for pretty much anything from the IP holders. They should of course have sought that before, but you know... *sigh* :)

Will just wait patiently :)

As time goes on I'm actually less enthusiastic about this game.  Not doing anything beyond the core pledge unless they show me something that is really awesome.  Haven't so far though.

Yeah, I'm increasingly negative as well. The level of incompetence is staggering for a professional organisation with some scale and experience. How do you not get the game play video up before the pledge manager closes? How do you not have that during the campaign?!?

Very bizarre. 

Ya, it's totally their IP approval process.  Even if everything was done before the KSer the final game wouldn't be the same as there were lots of suggestions during the campaign that they took to heart and re-worked gameplay elements and added new things.

I really like darksouls and am backing for the minis as this will probably be the only chance to get them.  Gameplay doesn't concern me much at all so you can take my indifference to not having the rules done with a grain of salt I guess.

The stated reasons for the gameplay video failure are

a) They just assumed that the video would be posted on twitch - did they check / do a practice / rehearse / try it out?

B) That the video quality wasn't satisfactory (couldn't read cards etc) - again, did they do a 5 minute dry run?

Neither of those have anything to do with Bandai, and everything to do with incompetence.

Edited by CthulhuDreams
  • Like 3