• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Iridil
      Hi all,

Continuing on my not so subtle theme a a group of 4 Gauntfields with colorful taste in coats.

The 5th Guantfield is one I painted at RC 2018 random paint - just added a few touches to it at home. That was fun.... and came out rather well considering the random colors and need for polka dots on the sickle!

• By Samedi
      I started this little guy some years ago, but then I got stuck and he just set on my shelf of shame and stared at me (I had already painted the eyes).
      Now I finally finished him, so it's a collaboration of Younger Samedi and Not-So-Young-Anymore-Samedi. Funny thing is, I have no idea what colours Young Samedi used, I just remember mixing some greens and browns together for the skin. And of course my all-time favourite metallic: The copper of the old Reaper Pro Paint series.

Young Samedi was a keyboard player, that's why he liked this mini so much - I mean, how many minis of keyboard players are there?
      Not-So-Young-Anymore-Samedi plays keyboard only very sporadically. But at least he finishes his painting projects now and then... 

So enjoy, C&C very welcome, as always!

• By Unit04
      B:GCC - Mission 16 "Like Father, Like Daughter".  Orphan tries to stop Scarecrow from helping Orphan spread weird toxins/chemicals throughout Gotham.  It makes me wonder who the heck comes up with superhero names in DC, and why someone would go by Orphan if her dad is still alive.  Anywho...

I stopped painting for a bit due to lots of unrelated things (like Borderlands 3 coming out for Steam).  Now that I'm working from home,  I can get back to painting regularly.  And B:GCC Season 2 just arrived so my dream of painting Season 1 before that showed up did not pan out. 

Father, Daughter, and Scarecrow

Orphan (Cassandra Cain).  Not someone I know much about as far as Batman lore goes, but seems interesting.  Not sure how she's an orphan if her dad is still alive...  Painting her was a bit tough, as some of her details were pretty small.  

Orphan (David Cain).  Another person I'm not too familiar with.  And I hate painting white so...not a fan of how he came out. 

Scarecrow.  I LOVE how he came out.  One of my favorites of this series so far.  He looks so pale and weather beaten. 

Mr Bloom's Gang.  Unrelated to the story, but I need to speed up my painting game, so I'm adding one henchman/police group each time, even if they aren't involved in the story.

• By Rigel
      "If ever you chance to go to the woods
      Be sure that you go by day,
      Or the Spindly Man with his long thin arms
      Will spindle you clean away."

Scarecrows. The purpose is to inspire fear. For crows, the idea is that it looks like a human. 
      For people, the issue is that it doesn't quite. 

Gauntfield is a truly horrific sculpt. For one, scale creep aside, he's very tall. Over eight foot in scale, if I were to judge. For another, his hands are way too big, coming down to knee level. And those hands are clutching a sack full of bones. That's a red flag. Oh, and he's a reanimated skeleton with a jack-o-lantern sack mask. That sadistic grin! the flapping tatters! The sculptor is very like Gauntfield himself, in that they are both...

...outstanding in their field.

"When it comes to SURPRISES in the moonlit night..."

A Bombshell promotion netted me this Autumn the Scarecrone. Less overtly skeletal, but still a construct of cloth and straw given malign, shambling life and carrying a sickle. Tatterdemalion, rag-tag, hobbledehoy. 

The crow on her hat is a nice touch.

Her paint job and color scheme are loosely inspired by Sally from "NIghtmare Before Christmas."

Bonus: Bombshell's Pumpkin Pal!

• By Unit04
      B:GCC - Mission 11 "Major Gas Madness" has Scarecrow as the major villain to beat.  You need to find his toxin formula and escape before you croak.  There is a lot of deadly gas about (surprise) so you need to be careful.  There were no new heroes to paint in this mission, so I painted up a set of thugs instead.  

Scarecrow and Hazmat Thugs

Not the Scarecrow I'm familiar with, but a cool one nonetheless.  Fairly easy to paint, although sometimes the paint seemed to not want to stick to some difficult to reach areas.  

I thought Hazmat Thugs would be a nice combo to paint up with Scarecrow.  I was debating on what to do with the area of plastic between the strap and the gun.  Do I paint it black?  Or light blue?  or white?  Or yellow?  In the end I decided that these guys were minions so who cares.  Black was the least amount of work and looks good enough for what they are on the table for.  

• Who's Online   15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)