Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Coldfire

The Scarecrow from Rackham

Thanks for the kind words.  I love this mini too and I'm pleased with my paintjob.  I'm not so pleased with the model's lean, however.  I thought I had him straightened out when I mounted him on the base.  He's already pinned and glued down and the front of the sword is also glued to the base for extra stability, so I'm too afraid to attempt to straighten him out at this point in case it results in some breakage.  Oh well.  Next time I'll make sure he's standing straight.

Very well done!  I agree with the awesomeness of the blades, and bow to your metal skills.  What an interesting mini.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      "If ever you chance to go to the woods
      Be sure that you go by day,
      Or the Spindly Man with his long thin arms
      Will spindle you clean away."

Scarecrows. The purpose is to inspire fear. For crows, the idea is that it looks like a human. 
      For people, the issue is that it doesn't quite. 

Gauntfield is a truly horrific sculpt. For one, scale creep aside, he's very tall. Over eight foot in scale, if I were to judge. For another, his hands are way too big, coming down to knee level. And those hands are clutching a sack full of bones. That's a red flag. Oh, and he's a reanimated skeleton with a jack-o-lantern sack mask. That sadistic grin! the flapping tatters! The sculptor is very like Gauntfield himself, in that they are both...

...outstanding in their field.

"When it comes to SURPRISES in the moonlit night..."

A Bombshell promotion netted me this Autumn the Scarecrone. Less overtly skeletal, but still a construct of cloth and straw given malign, shambling life and carrying a sickle. Tatterdemalion, rag-tag, hobbledehoy. 

The crow on her hat is a nice touch.

Her paint job and color scheme are loosely inspired by Sally from "NIghtmare Before Christmas."

Bonus: Bombshell's Pumpkin Pal!

• By Unit04
      B:GCC - Mission 11 "Major Gas Madness" has Scarecrow as the major villain to beat.  You need to find his toxin formula and escape before you croak.  There is a lot of deadly gas about (surprise) so you need to be careful.  There were no new heroes to paint in this mission, so I painted up a set of thugs instead.  

Scarecrow and Hazmat Thugs

Not the Scarecrow I'm familiar with, but a cool one nonetheless.  Fairly easy to paint, although sometimes the paint seemed to not want to stick to some difficult to reach areas.  

I thought Hazmat Thugs would be a nice combo to paint up with Scarecrow.  I was debating on what to do with the area of plastic between the strap and the gun.  Do I paint it black?  Or light blue?  or white?  Or yellow?  In the end I decided that these guys were minions so who cares.  Black was the least amount of work and looks good enough for what they are on the table for.  

• By 72moonglum
      Hi guys,
      so finished this one a few days ago and he's been sent to his final home, a commission figure I was asked to do.  The figure itself is pretty neat, I'd never painted any Rackham figures before so it was something fun and different.  I think I can see a bit the joy of commissions for other people because you never know what you are going to receive. Anyhow, here he is, hope you enjoy him!

• By lazarp
      So I'm still experimenting with glow effects, but I'm pretty happy with this one 
      Painted her to be used as a sorcerer in my 9th age army

• By Nameless
      My first mini painted in 2017. Actually, it's another long time WIP of mine, I'm happy to see it finished.   The snakeman is from Mierce Miniatures and it surely has a weird name, Sss'ths'pfff or something like that (seriously though, it's Vilthiss, Champion of Khthon). Yes, I know it has no proper base, but that's beacause it will be (hopefully) part of a bigger project under the working title of Beastmen of Dark Forest.     ​Oh, if the forum made the pic too small, try my FB page (link in the signature), like and share ;)    
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 268 Guests (See full list)