Sign in to follow this  
Chris Palmer

Leisynn, Mercenary Mage (77174) (Bones)

I got back to the Bones 1 Kickstarter Necromancer set this past week, and painted the Leisynn, Mercenary Mage figure.   I was apprehensive going in to this figure, as it just seemed so busy with all the horns, the ornate staff and book, and the huge shoulder pads and skull-decorated hangings coming off of them.   I was further discouraged when halfway though painting him I discovered he has a mold line running down his face!  I knew I had to do him, so the only way to finish a figure is to start with the first color, and just keep adding one more color after that.  

I actually grew to like this figure as I went along; and I think he turned out looking much better than I had expected.  I'm now torn as to which figure to use as my Frostgrave Necromancer; this figure, or Malek,http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/67797-malek-necromancer-77172bones/ , who I completed a couple weeks ago.

As always, C & C welcome.IMG_6617.jpg

• Like 20

I vote this one for the necromancer.  I think Malek could easily be a warrior in the necromancy band instead of the necromancer himself.  Maybe a knight or some such.

• Like 2

Nice work, Chris. Sometimes when thete's lots of details it can certainly be a bit daunting! Worked out well though :)

• Like 1

Great work!

On a side note, every time I see this figure, no matter how it was painted, I think it should have been named "Tim."

• Like 1