Siri could use thoughts/prayers

They're itchy, but better. I get them out on Friday and i'm so ready for that. 

Step-dad's last treatment will be August 8th, and so far he's maintaining the weight he has despite the radiation so that's good. he's very tired and nauseated (which isn't pleasant with how his throat is, for sure) but he's getting through it so far

• Like 13
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

little bit of a different rant tonight...

husband has a job interview with Microsoft. They're paying for him to fly to Florida, paying for hte hotel, rental car, all of it.

He flew out tonight...the plane was late. He missed his connecting flight. He didn't get a seat on the next flight...he's waited hours and finally was able to get a hotel to try and get a 7am flight tomorrow morning (meaning he's going to get less than 5 hours sleep before it)

he'll arrive tomorrow morning, MAYBE in time for the interview, maybe not...

what a huge mess...and i'm over here worrying about it all, unable to do anything >< *grabs narthrax to paint

• Like 1

*hugs* It's all little things, hun. Things will work out, just be patient. If they were really going to not interview him because of things out of his control, then maybe they're not worth working for. Trust me, if they're going through this much trouble to interview him, then they won't let little setbacks like this deter them.

• Like 5

I am not so much worried about the job. We don't need the job. But he will have 4 hours sleep and all the stress, which are his usual triggers for a migraine. If he gets a migraine he is incapacitated all day.

It is just a mess.....he missed his flight, his hotel reservation, he is going to get into the city barely an hour before bis interview if that. He might miss it entirely with how close it will be....and he will definitely miss it if he ends up bed ridden in he hotel with a migraine

• Like 1

I don't know. He caught a taxi to his proper hotel and is trying to sleep as much as he can before he wakes up for the early morning flight.

I am fairly sure he is going to walk in tomorrow and turn the job down. It is a job with up to 75% travel and he said he won't deal with that on a potentially weekly basis in a job, so he will most likely turn it down without interviewing at all and I can't blame him

I've worried myself sick, for a while there it appeared he was on the street wih no way to get anywhere. This has been a huge mess and I am worried about him, and won't stop worrying until he is where he is supposed to be in Florida and not Ina last minute hotel on Georgia

• Like 4

I don't know. He caught a taxi to his proper hotel and is trying to sleep as much as he can before he wakes up for the early morning flight.

I am fairly sure he is going to walk in tomorrow and turn the job down. It is a job with up to 75% travel and he said he won't deal with that on a potentially weekly basis in a job, so he will most likely turn it down without interviewing at all and I can't blame him

I've worried myself sick, for a while there it appeared he was on the street wih no way to get anywhere. This has been a huge mess and I am worried about him, and won't stop worrying until he is where he is supposed to be in Florida and not Ina last minute hotel on Georgia

Maybe this is a stupid question.. but why did he go anyway?

If he wants to turn it down a phonecall could have been enough?

Or is there still some doubt?

And worrying is perfectly natural and means you care.

• Like 1

He was going to give the job a chance and deal with the travel to get his foot in the door at the company, that is why he agreed to the in person Interview

But after this fiasco he told me he is going to turn it down because he can't deal with this sort of stress and mess in a job, and I agree. I would

Worry like this every time flights got screwed up for him

• Like 4

He was going to give the job a chance and deal with the travel to get his foot in the door at the company, that is why he agreed to the in person Interview

But after this fiasco he told me he is going to turn it down because he can't deal with this sort of stress and mess in a job, and I agree. I would

Worry like this every time flights got screwed up for him

You know, money is fine..one needs a job and all that.

In the end it is more important to feel good about the job and all that comes with it.

If a higher pay gives too much stress or bad feelings, then it is not worth it.

Family, is no. 1 , then work, and you better not get home cranky everyday or no.1 will enter the danger zone.

Maybe he could negotiate a position nearer to your place?

Anyway.

Hope all turns out well. And I wish you both wisdom to make the right decisions in this.

Stay true to yourself.

• Like 4

We are pretty well set with his current job, this job would have been bonus money and a career boost. The position was for consultant, so he would potentially travel a lot with it

Maybe if be turns it down they will offer something nom-travel, that would be nice

Tis 4am now and I still haven't felt like sleeping

• Like 3