Siri could use thoughts/prayers

Sirithiliel

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got a call from her, the surgery is done. The tumor was 3 inches long, going down from the back of his tongue, to his vocal chords/voice box, and the left lymph node. But they should have it all out now, and reconstruction will take another 3-4 hours.

Glad the surgery is done, that was very invasive. I'm sending positive vibes and hoping for a speedy and full recovery!

• Like 2

After 17 hours he is on his way to recovery!

Thanks everyone for the support. Recovery is going to take months and he will never speak again, but at least he survived that risky surgery and let us hope the cancer is gone for good this time

Definitely hoping it is gone for good.  I have a friend that had a similar procedure and has had a stoma for ... I think about ten years now.  I know I remember him speaking before, but it is so normal to hear him and how he talks with his stoma that I don't recall what it was like before.  He has to be careful with it, but he is still a very active senior citizen and has gotten to do a lot of things after his was taken and did not come back.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery and a positive outlook for him to see it through to a stable new normal.

• Like 2