Anti Shine with acryllic paint

Amaranth

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, let me ask u this. The paint bottles are 3.125 oz each. How many drops do you think would be enough in each bottle

I think you'd be better served adding it in the pallete. I used to put their thinner medium and slow dry in all of my eyedropper paints and that got expensive fast and in some cases resulted in separation of the different substances including the acrylic from the thinner hardening inside the eyedropper over time.

You can get little mixing palletes for usually less than a dollar at craft stores or you can make a wet pallete with a few paper towels, a piece of un-needed plastic, a few ounces of distilled water, and a tupperware container (the water has to be distilled).

Craft paints usually come in 3 finishes.. satin or semi gloss, gloss, and matte or chalk or flat. Which translates into shiny, super shiny (and usually thick or hard to thin), and more or less flat. Sometimes it's hard to spot the label as to the finish so examine the label on the shelf and on the product.

• Like 2

I bought a set of acrylic paints at walmart. So I'm not sure about the quality. They go on good with no problems, they just all have a glossy finish when dry

I know a lot of acrylics have some leftover luster.  Are you positive you didn't get a gloss paint?  Not trying to be insulting;  I just have several of the sort that I had to sample out and dry to figure out if they were flat or not.

You can use Dullcote in between colors if you like. This also helps if you need to do the 'wet brush clean up of oopsies....

I tend to dullcote at the end of each painting session, especially when I have done something I want to be sure doesn't get messed up....

I go through a lot of dullcote....

I expect the Anti-Shine would work with craft paints. But it might be easier to use Testor's DullCote as a final protective coat when you're done painting instead of adding Anti-Shine to every bottle.

Would you recommend the enamel or laquer dullcote? Thanks!

I expect the Anti-Shine would work with craft paints. But it might be easier to use Testor's DullCote as a final protective coat when you're done painting instead of adding Anti-Shine to every bottle.

Would you recommend the enamel or laquer dullcote? Thanks!

I use the spray can, which I'm seeing labeled as both enamel and lacquer.

• Like 1