Sign in to follow this  
Shogun

4 minis I painted recently

Great job on an interesting bunch of minis.  For the pictures, the background could be effecting them.  Especially the middle two.  A neutral color background is always advised, such as grey.  I know exactly how you feel though as I am still getting the hang of it myself.  I also would much rather spend my time painting and planning campaigns.  Seems like whenever I post it ends up taking most of the night for one reason or another.

• Like 2

Really like your work on the minis. You've a clean/crisp painting style which I like.

The pictures do look a bit yellow though. I'm guessing you're not using "Daylight" bulbs. If you can, try to replace what you're using in your light box with them. Should make a noticable difference.

• Like 2

Nice minis!

Let me know how you are planning the initial phases of OOTA as I am also starting up this D&D 5e campaign and I have wondered about some of the game mechanics.

• Like 1

Really like your work on the minis. You've a clean/crisp painting style which I like.

The pictures do look a bit yellow though. I'm guessing you're not using "Daylight" bulbs. If you can, try to replace what you're using in your light box with them. Should make a noticable difference.

Some cameras have a "white balance" setting to correct the color for various kinds of bulbs.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Brianuk
      Have had to rush some minis for our ongoing Dnd campaign, Hoard of the Dragon Queen. Am not the DM but paint the minis. 

All Reaper Bones that started with Army Painter ink washes in one colour over the whole thing. Then using Vallejo paints as base layers and finishing off with another ink wash to tie things together.

The Drakes are "young fire dragons" with the wings cut off. With more time I would have sorted out the two stumps where each wing was. 

The Lizardman is standing in for a troglodyte and the Lilies are standing in for Violet Fungi. 

The cultists are just the Mythos / Cthulu cultists. 

There is a roper as well. 

Can really recommend lining Bones with ink as a liner which I know a lot of others recommend. The whole lot took 3 hours so it is a quick way of getting things onto the table. 

• By Arc 724
      Baba Yaga Hut by Eastern Front Studios

I'm trying to get back to getting WIP out. Now that I finished my big warband and am working on another commission piece. I'll take more photo's tonight of my progress. Hope you guys like what I'm doing.

0 - This is the start of the process getting the miniature ready. I had to dremel out the bottom and the left over resin. The next step (wish I have already done) is to dremel out the whole for the magnet.

1- The Kickstarter that my customer brought me came with 10 pieces of fence. That only wanted them at a Tabletop Standard (TT) so I basically finished those already. Although I know I will come back to them at the end and put a little extra in for them. And the two Bab Yaga's; standing and action pose! LOL

2- at this point I'm applying the primary colors to the standing Baba Yaga.

More picture to come. I have already got the magnets in and covered with GreenStuff and got some good freehand work on both Baba's.
    • By Jaws
      Drake Whiteraven with the hand from 60098: Khalib, Runelord Apprentice:

• Who's Online   30 Members, 0 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)