Castle Ravenloft board game

haldir

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's D&D 4th edition extra light. The adventure series games are enjoyable for what they are, as long as you don't go in expecting too much of them. The theme is sort of there, but not super strong. If the players take it upon themselves to role play and get into it the theme can come though more.

Thanks for the reviews. I'll consider it, especially if I can get it for the right price. Low enough price is worth it for the minis at least.

(At least no goofy looking Strahd mini, unlike the crap that they are putting in the newest pre-paint release....ugh)

• Like 1

Me and the boys really enjoy all the D&D board games. 

I'd like to get my kids involved since they'd be my primary players. That, & none of them are rpgers. They like comics & the LoTR but overall they could care less.

A nice co-op Dungeon crawl and everyone I have played it with enjoyed it.  It is the oldest of this style of game that WotC put out, so there may be some rules that were improved in subsequent versions.  They also have (or had) other missions online so you may be able to hunt them down.  

I've got all of the board games.. Haven't gotten through all of them yet though. The minis from the Ravenloft set are among my favorites of the board game figures and are some of the best in terms of quality as well. ToEE and Drizzt have some pretty shallow details and a high number of things to straighten.

Gameplay is as described above. The mechanics of it are kinda like a mashup of 4th ed, munchkin, and Twilight Creations Zombies game. The core game does change ever so slightly too from what I remember.

I had heard a rumor that there's another board game coming out soon as well. I'm hopeful but hope the minis get back to Ravenloft and Ashardalon in quality.

• Like 2