Sign in to follow this  
pinkymadigan

My Other Kings of War stuff (non-undead or non-multi-based)

Continuing my dump of recent photos related to Kings of War, here's stuff that didn't really go into yesterdays thread (undead multi-bases). Let's start with some undead that aren't multibased. I used the B2 Barrow Wardens as Wights:

IMG_20160402_135410.jpg

A bit plain, but they are getting the job done until the new official larger models come out.

No good KoW Undead army is complete without a Cursed Pharoah with Wings of Honeymaze, so here's mine:

IMG_20160402_141749.jpg

IMG_20160402_141706.jpg

As for non-Undead, I occasionally paint some orcs as my usual opponents don't paint, and I like to have forces with paint on them opposing me sometimes:

IMG_20160402_140712.jpg

Dead elf laying near the leader:

IMG_20160402_140758.jpg

I'm now working in Ratkin jobs occasionally, too. I intend to run them as a second army. The Skaven were my first love in WHFBv4.

Vermintide:

IMG_20160402_142312.jpg

IMG_20160402_142428.jpg

Multibasing regiments of 2 large infantry is weird. So I included some filler for my Brutes:

IMG_20160402_142055.jpg

IMG_20160402_142128.jpg

"Death Engine". Pretty happy with this compared to the memory of my original one, which turned out very grey and dusty looking:

IMG_20160402_140820.jpgIMG_20160402_140857.jpg

And, apparently a "must-take" unit for Ratkin players, the Daemonspawn/Verminlord. Again, this turned out a lot better than the slightly orange one I remember having painted 20 some odd years ago:

IMG_20160402_135837.jpg

IMG_20160402_140000.jpg

Thanks for looking!

• Like 20

All your SPLENDID Miniature Warriors are BEAUTIFULLY painted & based pieces. Although it has been long years since I last played a table top game, I still love seeing gaming creations, especially ones done to your high standard. OUTSTANDING WORK!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lidless Eye
      I've been trying to work on my encounters for Rangers of Shadow Deep.  Here's a bunch of randomness from that work!

Oh, Rats!

We have: a Warhammer Quest rat, a Frostgrave Wizards II Rat Familiar, a Reaper Bones Rat Swarm, a Reaper Bones Rat Ogre, a Spawn Rat from Dark Platypus Studios, a Warhammer Skaven Giant Rat, and a Rat Mama 3D print from Crippled God Foundry.

Oh, Bats!

A Bat Swarm from Reaper Bones.

An Infestation of Spiders:

A Reaper Bones Cavern Spider, a Reaper Bones Spider Swarm, a man-faced spider that may be from Foundry, and a classic Warhammer Quest giant spider.

Flies that are Giant:

One of the more unusual encounters in Rangers of Shadow Deep. I picked these up from the 40k Kill Team: Rogue Trader boxed set before there were official models.
    • By aku-chan
      Presenting the 'Shroomancer, part of the Gooblapalooza set from Games Workshop who are all Goblin Wizards with different powers. This one alters the reality around him by getting really high on mushrooms, considering his "creations" appear to be attacking him this doesn't seem to be the most reliable of powers.

Really pleased with how this one turned out, I think the super cartoony sculpt just gelled well with the way I paint.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Maledrakh
      These last few weeks have been very busy IRL so very little has been painted. I did however manage to whip this up the other day.

The little vampire. aka Vampire Halfling from Kings of War: Vanguard's Undead Warband Booster, by Mantic Games. Off to count some blood sausages. Or maybe slurp some black pudding. Oh, how he longs to again be able to have some hot cross buns...but they burn his mouth so...

For some reason my camera did not want to focus properly on the face.

Printlines?! Printlines!?

What is it with "premium" resin minis and what looks suspiciously like printlines? Has someone failed at the clean-up-of-the-master-print-stage or is it something else that makes such lines a thing? Has someone rushed and cut corners? Why would you release a premium resin model like this?
      You can say a lot about Mantic starting out with cheap, "no brand" minis, but that is simply no longer true. Single, normal size resin models clock in at the €10-15 range retail price, the four model booster is a £30 / €40 / $45 box. That is premium pricing. Well, maybe at the lower end of premium but still, premium pricing.
      When they charge a premium price, I expect a premium product. Print lines = sloppy quality control. = not premium.
      Apart from the print lines on the cape, it is a good mini. I cannot abide the square bases they use for Vanguard, so I printed a 25mm round for it.

Sneaking up on a beefy snack

This mini was finished May 25th 2020.

Vampire Halfling
      from the Undead Warband Booster
      for Kings of War: Vanguard
      Mantic Games, 2020
      unknown sculptor
      Made in resin
      25mm base.
      available from manticgames

• By Lidless Eye
      Fe fi fo fum, here come the Giants!

Ignore the bases, they are temporary until the Sons of Behemat codex releases and I know what I can proxy them as.

First up we have Devin Townsend...er, the Kings of War Giant.

Then the former Otherworld Giant, now produced by Crooked Dice Games.

And a very iconic piece of loot:

• Who's Online   24 Members, 3 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)