Archangelrey

Paint Track Apps?

On 1/3/2019 at 4:20 PM, CourageousOctopus said:

Anyone want to DM me a paint swatch of the new Snow Drift White? Working on a new update.

Got it done!

Edited by strawhat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

An idea, maybe this has been mentioned before but I didn't see anything. I think it'd be nice to have a button on each of the paints to open in color tools more quickly. If that makes sense.

You actually can already do that! There is a dropper button in the action bar which will leap a color to the color tools.

14 hours ago, strawhat said:

Got it done!

You are my hero!

• Thanks 4

My Android phone has gone to the great electronics store in the sky. I now have an iPhone so I am waiting for the iOS version even more now.

• Sad 5

We just pushed the new version of the app.

We've added the ability to punch in a specific RGB/hex value and match against it.

Tons of new paints including Reaper Snowdrift White. Also reorganized some of the other Reaper bottles as promised.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, CourageousOctopus said:

We just pushed the new version of the app.

We've added the ability to punch in a specific RGB/hex value and match against it.

Tons of new paints including Reaper Snowdrift White. Also reorganized some of the other Reaper bottles as promised.

Bones paint line is still missing nearly all paints under the Bones filter (only 6 out of the original 54 paints seem to have been corrected). Special paints still listed as unlabeled, with only 3 listed under special. Reapercon paints seemed to have been moved into core colors (Special would be the better label for them, their SKU #s indicate the difference).

Using the SKU numbers should make it easy to assign labels correctly.

Edit because I found one I was missing

Edited by IgwanaRob
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IgwanaRob said:

Bones paint line is still missing nearly all paints under the Bones filter (only 6 out of the original 54 paints seem to have been corrected). Special paints still listed as unlabeled, with only 3 listed under special. Reapercon paints seemed to have been moved into core colors (Special would be the better label for them, their SKU #s indicate the difference).

Using the SKU numbers should make it easy to assign labels correctly.

Edit because I found one I was missing

We currently only have one 'paint class' per bottle but specials are kind of 2. I suppose we can just make them Special and be done with it.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, CourageousOctopus said:

We currently only have one 'paint class' per bottle but specials are kind of 2. I suppose we can just make them Special and be done with it. 

According to Reaper, the 096xx numbers should all be special as they are not normally stocked items.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IgwanaRob said:

According to Reaper, the 096xx numbers should all be special as they are not normally stocked items.

I believe they are also marked as HD, etc.

Edited by CourageousOctopus

With the latest update, I believe only the Dwarven Forge Pokorny Paints are left for me to round out my collection.

8 hours ago, CourageousOctopus said:

Only Stark Naked 09682 is HD and only Morning Afternoon Blues 09683 is Bones. The rest are all marked as MSP. Of the four 0965x I'm missing, they are early paints before bones and I think even before HD.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CourageousOctopus said:

That reminds me, do you have a special icon to indicate that a line or color is discontinued?

R.I.P. Reaper HD paints.

Hellooooo Bones paints!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

That reminds me, do you have a special icon to indicate that a line or color is discontinued?

No, not currently. There was some request a while back (I think in this thread) to have the ability to disable a paint manually and perhaps have a paintRack recommended disablement that could be optionally applied for out-of-print paints. So that's still on my mind.

So what do people think about all limited-run paints just being labelled 'Special', irrespective of their Bones, HD, or MSP secondary tag?

Edited by CourageousOctopus
  • Like 5

25 minutes ago, CourageousOctopus said:

No, not currently. There was some request a while back (I think in this thread) to have the ability to disable a paint manually and perhaps have a paintRack recommended disablement that could be optionally applied for out-of-print paints. So that's still on my mind.

So what do people think about all limited-run paints just being labelled 'Special', irrespective of their Bones, HD, or MSP secondary tag?

I think it should be done by sku. So like anything that is 96as would be labeled as special whether it is listed as in a line or not.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CourageousOctopus said:

'Special' or 'Limited' or anything that sounds similar suits me fine.

It basically comes down to saying "not normally available to the general public".

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Thanks 3

Core line: SKU range is from 09000 - 09399

Bones line: SKUs start at 09400

Special edition paints: SKUs start at 09600 

HD line: SKU range is from  29800 - 29854

There are licensed lines as well, but they're marketed by the people that licensed them.

Edited by IgwanaRob
spelling
  • Thanks 2