Archangelrey

Paint Track Apps?

It's cool there is a function to add projects and create paint sets. For me personally, I don't know if I'll use this feature much. It could be helpful. Even better if I could link photos to a project. Or pin notes to it like mix formulas.

I'll share what I use it for, quite a bit... when planning without access for my paints. I mean, for example, I read in some forum about the recipe used for a cool blue armor bit. I am away from my 20 paints, so I open the app, create a set (like "Cash blue recipe"), then search for the paints mentioned. Usually, I don't have all those paints, so I also check My Paints to see what do I have that might be similar. I add those.

A couple days later when I want to try it, I just go, check those paints (and not the extra 20), and give it a try. It's a handy note-keeper for me.

Also, when I need to stop midway a job and know I won't get back to painting in a week or two, line the paints and create a set to remember. I sometimes take a picture as well but with only 1 camera folder in my phone searching for that one pic I took weeks ago is much more time consuming that checking the set within the apps for "Son Goku orange". 

• Like 4

We are part way into adding custom paint support. I put a bunch of time into this past weekend and will keep plugging away in my spare time. This will allow you to add a paint and fill in all the necessary details - or, record notes for a paint mix of your own mad creation.

Sorting by SKU is a good idea but we'll need to ensure every bottle has a SKU. I don't think that's entirely true ATM.

We are also part way into getting Google Drive integration ready so you can just click to save your DB to Google Drive and import in the other side. This will hopefully alleviate the stories of tracking on two separate devices!

Keep the feedback coming!

• Like 6

Sorting by SKU is a good idea but we'll need to ensure every bottle has a SKU. I don't think that's entirely true ATM.

Assign an arbitrary SKU to any paints that haven't got one...

...for any paints have the same SKU: do a secondary Alpha sort by the name field.

(I think Reaper one-off promo paints either have none or always use the same one...and it's possible that different makers could use identical numbers. If so, you'd have it covered. SKU-less paints wind up at the bottom unless the user asks for descending order.)

• Like 1

We are part way into adding custom paint support. I put a bunch of time into this past weekend and will keep plugging away in my spare time. This will allow you to add a paint and fill in all the necessary details - or, record notes for a paint mix of your own mad creation.

We are also part way into getting Google Drive integration ready so you can just click to save your DB to Google Drive and import in the other side. This will hopefully alleviate the stories of tracking on two separate devices!

Very nice!!  That is good news indeed!  Looking forward to the next release.

Actually, I need to ask if they could add Water or thinner for ratio formulas

I assume if you can add custom paint.  Then you could simply add a custom paint called "Water" (or anything else you use in your paint).

• Like 1

All the planned upgrades sound like awesome bits, thanks for putting more time into the app  ^_^

• Like 1

I wonder if there will be / can be a way we can swap data?

Ary does Polly S X-Z, I do A-C and we swap, and from Buglips get Pro paint stuff, etc....

George

If you manage Google Drive integration, it would be interesting to see an API for other App developers to consume your data (if the same user installs all of them).

For example, a project planning app, where I play around with color palettes, and then match it to what's in my collection.

Alternatively, some kind of community app that lets me share paint set information with my friends (maybe along with a picture of the mini that used the set)

• Like 1

Hi team,

Jeff back from Courageous Octopus. This past week we put out a big update which included searching and sorting by manufacturer SKU as requested in this thread. We'll continue to add more features.

If you haven't already, please give it a download. We're on Twitter, too: https://twitter.com/courageousocto.

• Like 6

I had to reset my phone and lost all my data  :down:

Don't want to bother you, any news on cloud storage?

Big update, however, lots of paint in there I hadn't noticed. In fact, it makes me want to buy MORE.