Archangelrey

Paint Track Apps?

New update, export and import is now avail!!!!!!!!!

Oh boy this would've saved me so many headaches when I had to hard-reset my phone a month ago!! Excellent news and a much awaited feature (for me).

• Like 1

I had upgraded my phone a few weeks ago and was busy with the Sir Forscale challenge, so I couldn't get around to entering my paints into the database again. Today was the first day I was going to manually enter them in, when lo and behold! this update popped up in my notifications! Just imported my database, everything came over just fine! This made things so much easier for me. Next step needed is for the new Reaper Bones MSP paints entered in, and I'm all set!

• Like 1

I just got it and added my paints in. At least the ones it has some of them are not on the list for Reapers paints. Mainly the Bones colors and the Wash Medium not sure of any others that might be missing. Like it so far, other then missing those few things. 

I am not finding the export on my google drive.  It says it exported and I even imported it just to see but when I go to google drive it is not finding any file that looks like an export from this app. Am I missing something?

Hi team,

Jeff back from Courageous Octopus. This past week we put out a big update which included searching and sorting by manufacturer SKU as requested in this thread. We'll continue to add more features.

If you haven't already, please give it a download. We're on Twitter, too: https://twitter.com/courageousocto.

Excellent App, congrats! Couldn't find Grey Primer from Reaper.

• Like 1

I bought the full version of the app a while back. I noticed that in the new update it now wants access to my:

Identity

Media files

What's going on with that?

May have somethng to do with the Export/Import option that is now available.  Location...not sure about that unless the buy paint option tries to find a store nearby.  Not sure if it is that fancy.

Hello all!

Yes, we had a massive update recently (followed quickly by a crash fix).

The Google Drive stuff is what is asking for your details in app permissions (or possibly the upgraded Google API library). We don't do anything with location, though I suppose Google's Ad network might use it to serve ads in the free version. The identity part is definitely Google Drive because it has to ask for permission to access it and it asks which account do you want to use. 

The app uses your Google Drive App Folder space that's linked directly to your app. You can see what apps are using that by going into the settings on Google Drive and clicking on Connected Applications.

If we're missing paints, please PLEASE email us (feedback at courageousoctopus.com) or send us a tweet. We'll get them in a future update. We track all those messages from people in a big Trello board. We are actually still trying to track down a bottle: 9659 Purple Wash. If you have that please email us pictures of them, front and back of bottles (bar code particularly). We realize it was a special release.

I've started work on an iOS version, but I can't give an estimate of completion.

As for new Reaper Bones, I'll reach out to Reaper and try to get the missing info (namely the bar codes).

Jeff

https://twitter.com/courageousocto

PS: If you ever see a weird crash, please fill out the message in the crash log and send it in. There's one I've seen reported about 5 times but we don't have enough info to reproduce yet. Emailing us about it is also very helpful.

Edited by CourageousOctopus
  • Like 9

We are actually still trying to track down a bottle: 9659 Purple Wash. If you have that please email us pictures of them, front and back of bottles (bar code particularly). We realize it was a special release.

Are you sure about this one?  9659 was the special edition "Ginger Cookie" from around the holiday time.  I don't think there ever was a "Purple Wash" as far as I know.