Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Archangelrey

Paint Track Apps?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, CourageousOctopus said:

As for iOS, we are just about done the initial release candidate (to start testing it) so stay tuned for that while we work out the details.

Is there a way to sign up for that?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There seems to be an issue with the latest update with the recently released Bones paints.

 

There are no entries for 9467 (Crimson Red), 9469 (Fireball Orange), 9470 (Golden Yellow), 9471 (Bright Turquoise), 9473 (Gem Purple), 9474 (Caucasian Flesh), 9475 (Maiden Flesh), 9477 (Witchcraft Purple), 9478 (Solid White), or 9480 (Blue Flame).

 

Additionally, there two 9482 entries, one Twilight Purple, the other Suntan Flesh (the correct color); and two 9483 entries, one Pale Saffron, the other Twilight Purple (the correct color).

And 89555 is incorrectly named "Bright" Bronze, when it should be "Brigh".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, modus0 said:

There seems to be an issue with the latest update with the recently released Bones paints.

 

There are no entries for 9467 (Crimson Red), 9469 (Fireball Orange), 9470 (Golden Yellow), 9471 (Bright Turquoise), 9473 (Gem Purple), 9474 (Caucasian Flesh), 9475 (Maiden Flesh), 9477 (Witchcraft Purple), 9478 (Solid White), or 9480 (Blue Flame).

 

Additionally, there two 9482 entries, one Twilight Purple, the other Suntan Flesh (the correct color); and two 9483 entries, one Pale Saffron, the other Twilight Purple (the correct color).

And 89555 is incorrectly named "Bright" Bronze, when it should be "Brigh".

 

Please email (jeff at courageousoctopus.com) or DM me photos/barcodes of that that first set. We have them in there under the old HD numbers but I know Reaper has been slowly relabeling them.

 

As for the dupes, I'm afraid those exist in real life! I have photos of both. The first of each set were the double labeled paints that had the old 29XXX label AND the new 09XXX label.

 

I will correct the Brigh Bronze, thanks!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2020 at 1:02 PM, modus0 said:

And 89555 is incorrectly named "Bright" Bronze, when it should be "Brigh".

 

2 hours ago, CourageousOctopus said:

I will correct the Brigh Bronze, thanks!

It's an easy mistake to make. Even Reaper's own product page mislabels it in the description.

 

If it weren't for the fact that it's from the Pathfinder line, where Brigh is a goddess of inventors and constructs, I would've thought "Bright" was the correct terminology.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2020 at 7:12 AM, CourageousOctopus said:

 

Please email (jeff at courageousoctopus.com) or DM me photos/barcodes of that that first set. We have them in there under the old HD numbers but I know Reaper has been slowly relabeling them.

 

As for the dupes, I'm afraid those exist in real life! I have photos of both. The first of each set were the double labeled paints that had the old 29XXX label AND the new 09XXX label.

I've only got two of the missing paints, 09477, and 09480, but I'll see what I can do.

 

So, Reaper double released the HD paints for the Bones line, and changed the SKUs? How common are those double labeled versions, and what are the chances anyone could/would get them over the later Bones released versions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2020 at 3:18 AM, modus0 said:

I've only got two of the missing paints, 09477, and 09480, but I'll see what I can do.

 

So, Reaper double released the HD paints for the Bones line, and changed the SKUs? How common are those double labeled versions, and what are the chances anyone could/would get them over the later Bones released versions?

 

They discontinued the HD line a while back but there were some colors that people really wanted to be released into regular production so, I think (don't quote me on this), they reformulated them some to go into the Bones line. I don't think they plan on doing this with any of the current MSP paints.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, thelonegoldfish said:

Very excited for the iOS Beta. Any timeframe for that?

 

We are in internal testing trying to work the kinks out of the last few features. We're as far as launching release candidates into Apple Testflight for Scott and me to test. So...soon? Common refrain I know :). Let's see how far we get this week.

 

On 4/9/2020 at 5:18 AM, modus0 said:

I've only got two of the missing paints, 09477, and 09480, but I'll see what I can do.

 

So, Reaper double released the HD paints for the Bones line, and changed the SKUs? How common are those double labeled versions, and what are the chances anyone could/would get them over the later Bones released versions?

 

I was able to track down the rest of the barcodes for the new missing paints (thanks to an email and other sources). I have them primed for the next update.

 

As for those weird duplicates (double Pale Saffron and Twilight Purple), I'm going to chalk them up as a misprint on Reaper's behalf and mark them as deprecated so they won't show up anymore in the next update.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new update is out now, 1.34, including those Reaper fixes.

 

The iOS version is deep into private beta now and I expect to have a final release candidate in the next few weeks here.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I've been on the IOS beta for Paint Rack and it's awesome. Just like the Android version. Easy to use, all the features, etc. 

 

Just got an email that it will be hitting the App store soon! So us IOS owners can rejoice!

 

Went on a painting binge this week and got the whole family involved (wife and 2 boys) and the app was essential for helping with colors, and sets, etc.

 

Great work @CourageousOctopus! Looking forward to the full release.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Valien said:

So I've been on the IOS beta for Paint Rack and it's awesome. Just like the Android version. Easy to use, all the features, etc. 

 

Just got an email that it will be hitting the App store soon! So us IOS owners can rejoice!

 

Went on a painting binge this week and got the whole family involved (wife and 2 boys) and the app was essential for helping with colors, and sets, etc.

 

Great work @CourageousOctopus! Looking forward to the full release.

 

Pre-release page just appeared in case you want to pre-get it: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/paintrack/id1490523130

 

I'll post a more formal post when it's released on Saturday!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just picked this up on iOS, looking great! I love the "rapid scan" feature, makes it easy to add in my collection a drawer's worth at a time.

 

I would love to see a simpler method to select a manufacturer to look at the list from, however, the current rotating banner is a bit of a hassle. Maybe a drop-down option instead?

 

Did run into a bunch of "no such paint" in the Apple Barrell section, however:

 

20204 Wild Berry

20206 Light Orchid

20224 Carolina Blue

20509 English Lace

20514 Flesh

20538 Forest Green

20540 Red Spice

20549 Midnight Blue

20553 Boston Blue

20568 Sage Green

20765 Cinnamon Apple

20769 Periwinkle Blue

20775 True Teal

20779 Caramel Candy

20781 Dolphin Grey

20792 Plum

20845 Terracotta

 

I don't know if these are older colors that were discontinued, or what... they've been sitting in my rack for about 15 years now, only drag them out for terrain work, but still.

Edited by ecs05norway
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...