03644 Skeletal Dragon & Canine Remains (Wyrd)

Working on getting this guy's wings on o.O bit difficult. I had to run out and buy more metal paint, nothing was working well. Really hoping this holds. The wings come with kind of build in pins, but it's not really obvious how they go on, to me. So I had a gander at the gallery here. Have to keep that for reference!

This is a little scene for my Wyrd Iron Painter round 2 entry, the theme is "Better off (Un)Dead".

I'm calling it "Fetch". At first I thought I should have the undead dogs chasing a car... but I couldn't find enough car parts. So then I thought, they could be playing fetch with bones, that you wouldn't expect them to fetch! Then I thought, ah HA what if said bones are still attached?! lol Well, that's the thought anyway.

I have to work out placement tho, I think I will have the two smaller dogs be trying to pull 'bones' off the Dragon, while the bigger one looks on nonchalantly. Good thing they're undead ;) If I can get enough time I'm going to stick the Dragon in a small treasure pile, but not sure. Still working it out. Suggestions are welcome!

post-14692-0-21465200-1459990225_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice!    I would move the dog in front closer to help condense the scene.   The action is very obvious based on how you have them posed, which is great, as anything else you add to the scene is just icing on the cake!

• Like 2

nice!    I would move the dog in front closer to help condense the scene.   The action is very obvious based on how you have them posed, which is great, as anything else you add to the scene is just icing on the cake!

Yup thinking that as well, I need to figure out what 'bit' of the Dragon he's gonna be biting - maybe a wing? Not sure lol I'm still waiting for the wings to fullly cure, so I can try to adjust the vanes (?)

have to post a pic later

Finally getting some more work done on these guys! Considering deadline is soon this is good lol

Did base work, mapping out final placement - got two more dogs and finishing touches on this dog to do. Dragon's done. Or as done as I can get him. He's sitting on a small dirt pile with his treasure (which I'm not going to adhere down to the base, so I can use him for other things after this as well).

post-14692-0-71116800-1460634171_thumb.jpg

post-14692-0-02940500-1460634179_thumb.jpg

post-14692-0-58578000-1460634184_thumb.jpg

post-14692-0-29666300-1460634189_thumb.jpg

• Like 4