Rogue One Teaser Trailer

Chris Palmer

So there is no follow-on from 7? We don't follow those characters?

This follows the story of the spies that stole the Death Star I plans. Thus why we see the old stormtroopers, star destroyer, etc etc.

• Like 6

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This follows the story of the spies that stole the Death Star I plans. Thus why we see the old stormtroopers, star destroyer, etc etc.

And MON MOTHMA!

• Like 8

A non-sequential sequel.

[Trek] Fascinating. [/Trek]

• Like 2

A non-sequential sequel.

This is not a sequal, it is a stand alone movie. That's why the title screen says "A Star Wars story".  Disney's plan is to release a Star Wars movie every year: odd years' releases being set in the current Force Awakens time line, and even years' releases being one-offs that expand the universe.  The next one-off is young Han Solo (and presumably Boba Fett).

Edited by Chrome
  • Like 4

To add to this: there are going to be numerous "stories" including Han Solo and Boba Fett movies for starters, both of which are before A New Hope in the timeline.

If Disney does these well, I can see them doing quite a few more "stories" of some beloved characters and perhaps characters we liked but don't know well.

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 5

Episode 8 is currently in production, will be released next year and Episode 9 will be a couple years after that. They are planning a staggered schedule where they do 1 film per year.

• Rogue One: A Star Wars Story: Dec. 16, 2016.
  • Star Wars: Episode VIII: Dec. 15, 2017 (pushed back from May 2017)
  • Star Wars Anthology: Han Solo: May 25, 2018.
  • Star Wars: Episode IX: 2019.
  • Star Wars Anthology: Boba Fett: 2020.
  • Like 2

To add to this: there are going to be numerous "stories" including Han Solo and Boba Fett movies for starters, both of which are before A New Hope in the timeline.

If Disney does these well, I can see them doing quite a few more "stories" of some beloved characters and perhaps characters we liked but don't know well.

Nien Numb movie!!!!

niennunb.png

• Like 5

Ugh, just read an article about how some guys are already whining about the new female lead. Seriously, some guys are just smurfin' elfhats that need an attitude adjustment and stop being so sexist. Really, I enjoy all movies regardless of male/female lead I don't care as long as it's a good movie.

Anyhow, enough downers from me on that, I'm super stoked for the future of the movies and hope to see so many more, hopefully they'll all be good and entertaining flicks.

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 6

Ugh, just read an article about how some guys are already whining about the new female lead. Seriously, some guys are just smurfin' elfhats that need an attitude adjustment and stop being so sexist. Really, I enjoy all movies regardless of male/female lead I don't care as long as it's a good movie.

Anyhow, enough downers from me on that, I'm super stoked for the future of the movies and hope to see so many more, hopefully they'll all be good and entertaining flicks.

I can't even fathom an argument that would make since for their position. Two movies and they are ready to call it an all female SW franchise. That's just dumb. And I would like to point out that 7 was GOOD. And I bet R1 will be GOOD! IF they were/are bad movies, MAYBE they have an argument but I would like to put 100$ down on the fact that they R1 will not be bad. They will be so un-bad that even thinking about this argument they have will just make you burst out laughing. LOL.

• Like 1

4 (or 7) movies in, and so far only one has had a major female lead, now they are putting a second, and people are whining.. Frankly, I think it looks good, and don't care about the lead role's gender, or even species, so long as it is well done and a good story.

• Like 3

4 (or 7) movies in, and so far only one has had a major female lead, now they are putting a second, and people are whining.. Frankly, I think it looks good, and don't care about the lead role's gender, or even species, so long as it is well done and a good story.

Exactly. Acting is acting, regardless of gender. Make a great movie with cool special effects, good story/plot/writing, and have good actors and it'll be a success.

• Like 3