Rogue One Teaser Trailer

Chris Palmer

So there is no follow-on from 7? We don't follow those characters?

This follows the story of the spies that stole the Death Star I plans. Thus why we see the old stormtroopers, star destroyer, etc etc.

And MON MOTHMA!

I think this trailer alone doubled the number of lines she's had in the franchise. It would be interesting to see her as an actual character.

• Like 4

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh, just read an article about how some guys are already whining about the new female lead. Seriously, some guys are just smurfin' elfhats that need an attitude adjustment and stop being so sexist. Really, I enjoy all movies regardless of male/female lead I don't care as long as it's a good movie.

Anyhow, enough downers from me on that, I'm super stoked for the future of the movies and hope to see so many more, hopefully they'll all be good and entertaining flicks.

Uh-oh.

Eight movies and two female leads?

It sounds like we just passed the notorious 17% mark, (a head count of movie crowd scenes showed on average only 17% of the extras are women, and if there are more than 17% women, viewers start perceiving things as being skewed heavily towards women).

• Like 6

I disagree with Marvin on The Force Awakens, but I'm wondering how long until somebody complains that Rogue One is centered around a Death Star again. No matter that it's the SAME ONE as in a New Hope.  Now, if Episode VIII has a deathstar alike, I will be more than a little disappointed. 

• Like 1

As that guy, RE: Death Stars and constantly having to blow them up without end, it's actually not an issue for me with this movie at all. It narratively subverts the typical Death Star story (and, more generally, the "big huge weapon" of any sort story) altogether. Indeed, I look forward to its not blowing up.

• Like 2

I am looking forward to this, I'm a total Star Wars nerd, I will see every single movie that Disney cranks out, in the theater, and I will purchase every single one, as well.

• Like 5

I am looking forward to this, I'm a total Star Wars nerd, I will see every single movie that Disney cranks out, in the theater, and I will purchase every single one, as well.

Ditto.

double-ditto,

The last scene with her in that black suit... makes me think of that Imperial Tie Interceptor Squad leader. I can't remember her name but she was bad-elf! From the books, I mean,

Edited by Arc 724
  • Like 2

Kind of uncomfortable with the reasoning suggested above. I'm a Star Wars fan, and that's why I've no default plan to support anything Disney--or any other company--cranks out simply because it has the property's logo on it.