Rogue One Teaser Trailer

Chris Palmer

Kind of uncomfortable with the reasoning suggested above. I'm a Star Wars fan, and that's why I've no default plan to support anything Disney--or any other company--cranks out simply because it has the property's logo on it.

Unless they start churning out SW movies that are worse than the episodes 1-3, I'm going to be there every opening day and owning every bluray. As long as they can match or better SW:TFA, I'll continue to be a fan, enjoying a great and entertaining franchise.

• Like 5

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of uncomfortable with the reasoning suggested above. I'm a Star Wars fan, and that's why I've no default plan to support anything Disney--or any other company--cranks out simply because it has the property's logo on it.

Unless they start churning out SW movies that are worse than the episodes 1-3, I'm going to be there every opening day and owning every bluray. As long as they can match or better SW:TFA, I'll continue to be a fan, enjoying a great and entertaining franchise.

Spot on! expect I don't do mid night opens, usually. :P

• Like 1

I am so looking forward to this. :blink:

The movie or the fan argument? :huh:

:lol: Definitely not the argument. :;): 

I was actually completely "meh" on the movie until I saw the trailer. I see a lot of room in that trailer for interesting character moments in the movie. I've always been a fan of character-driven stories, but the last few years especially, good character portrayal really makes me happy. It'll be interesting to see where they take it. ::): 

• Like 6

haha, when I say opening day, I mean the next day, i'm too old to try to stay up that late for midnight showings on weeknights especially!

I just don't like mid night ones. Get out of a theater at 3am, "hey you want to go to Waffle house and discuss?" HECK NO, You done lost YO mind.  I have a friend, same age as me, and he goes to all of them. He has the audacity to say I'm not a true fan cause I don't go. 

I would go to the day time ones but my current employment work hours stop A LOT of stuff from happen.  :down:  But that is about to change.

Edited by Arc 724
  • Like 3

As I mentioned to someone else :;): ...

There is a perfect setup already for this character, with her attitude, to walk into a seedy space bar and be the one to shoot first. :lol:

And to finish the thought...

And have it a recurring theme in the Han Solo one...

And follow through in the Boba Fett...

I'm excited for this movie.

• Like 5

I wonder what the Bothans are going to look like?

Or if they are going to change the Canon again...

Also, will they follow any of the books about Solo...

The books are no longer Canon. They aren't going to follow any of the books from the Expanded Universe they've said numerous times.

Maybe not the EU, but what about backstory?

I rather enjoyed the late A.C. Crispin's Han Solo trilogy which detailed his youth and tumble into piracy, even if at times it felt like her hands were tied by demands that certain events must occur.

• Like 2

I know they are getting rid of the books but my concern is that they say it in the movie. Although Just because Rogue one shows that group getting the plans (I'm guess) doesn't mean that Bothans spied didn't help them and they just don't show it. :)

And here is what a bothan looks like.

Bothans-star-wars-creatures-25898848-676

• Like 2

The books are no longer Canon. They aren't going to follow any of the books from the Expanded Universe they've said numerous times.

I rather enjoyed the late A.C. Crispin's Han Solo trilogy which detailed his youth and tumble into piracy, even if at times it felt like her hands were tied by demands that certain events must occur.

Nope.

Here you go:

On April 25, 2014, Lucasfilm and Disney removed all Expanded Universe works from the canon. They announced that the existing seven films and The Clone Wars television series are the "immovable objects" of Star Wars storytelling. Previously published material has been relabeled under a "Legends" label, and future content will present a different vision of people, places and events after Return of the Jedi. They also announced that all future Star Wars stories will be connected and on equal canon level as the films, with guidance coming from the Star Wars story group. Additionally, it was announced that the films of the sequel trilogy will not follow the same story as that of the Expanded Universe works taking place after the events of Return of the Jedi.

• Like 3

haha, when I say opening day, I mean the next day, i'm too old to try to stay up that late for midnight showings on weeknights especially!

Around here they've started doing ~7pm showings on the Thursday before opening day. I think it's cheating a bit since the midnight shows are supposed to be the first ones, but I don't complain too loud since going at 7:30 makes it something I can do without having to take the next day off work to recover. 

Oh, I didn't know. ..

To bad, the books were some of the best ones...

Yeah, there were a lot of good ideas in the old EU, but there was also a lot of junk. It seems like they are occasionally making nods to various fan favorite aspects, but they don't want to be constrained by the books. The han solo trilogy, the thrawn trilogy, and rogue squadron would have been amongst my favorite of the books for a film adaptation. 

• Like 3

Around here they've started doing ~7pm showings on the Thursday before opening day. I think it's cheating a bit since the midnight shows are supposed to be the first ones, but I don't complain too loud since going at 7:30 makes it something I can do without having to take the next day off work to recover. 

Oh, I didn't know. ..

To bad, the books were some of the best ones...

Yeah, there were a lot of good ideas in the old EU, but there was also a lot of junk. It seems like they are occasionally making nods to various fan favorite aspects, but they don't want to be constrained by the books. The han solo trilogy, the thrawn trilogy, and rogue squadron would have been amongst my favorite of the books for a film adaptation. 

I think our "first showings" around here are actually like 10:30-11:00 pm, but still I don't want to come home after midnight on a work night.

I've never read the EU books at all, I've watched the movies numerous times and the Clone Wars, but never picked up a Star Wars novel. So it really doesn't matter to me if they went with the EU or not because I don't know the stories told there. i know that a lot of die-hard fans love the EU and really hated that Disney took canon away from those "legends," but it does give them more room to make their own movies and not have to stick to a pre-written script from books they may or may not like. Nodding to them in passing and adding some of their flair is cool IMO.

• Like 2

I enjoyed that trilogy as a teenager.  I reread the middle book (Hutt Gambit) a few years ago and discovered it wasn't quite as brilliant as I'd remembered. It was still enjoyable though and would totally have worked as a Star Wars film.

I loved the ending of the third one that was basically the Mos Eisley cantina scene. 

• Like 3