Rail Raiders Infinite by Soda Pop Miniatures

pcktlnt

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, Sodapop, fool me once, shame on you...

What happened Miles? Did they drop the ball on a project or something? I haven't backed this one, just set it to remind me. I bought my massive pile of Soda Pop stuff at retail, so I don't have any experience with their kickstarters other than SDE:L, and that one is still in development. Are these guys tricksy? (â—£_â—¢)

Ahh. Yeah, I've heard that one left much to be desired.

I can say that I've had excellent luck with Forgotten King and Ninja All-Stars.

Rail raiders just isn't my cup of tea though, so I'll be sitting this one out.

• Like 1

Relic Knights was also with Cool Mini. It's seems like back then the CMON partnered KS had issues.

Since Soda Pop split from partnering with them things seem way better.

Not that I am saying you should back a company you aren't happy with. If I had a cluster fluff of a KS experience I wouldn't back a company again.

Edited by Bathory
  • Like 1

Two words: Relic Knights

It seems like they've come a long way and learned much since relic knights, I had a very positive experience with the forgotten kings kickstarter.

Robotech Tactics?

The moral of the story seems to be don't trust soda pop when they have a partner. 

• Like 1

SPM have taken better care with information flow than any Kickstarter I've followed.  They have weekly updates until product is delivered, and inform the backers immediately when something is up.

And they don't miss updates.

In contrast, Robotech and Relic Knights updates were out of their hands, and both were/are bad with information flow.  According to Palladium, NInja Division has no part in Robotech anymore.  

Two words: Relic Knights

It seems like they've come a long way and learned much since relic knights, I had a very positive experience with the forgotten kings kickstarter.

Yeah.  Forgortten King stuff came out terrific, and I like the Ninja All Stars.

Fans of CMON blame Relic Knights on SPM, while SPM fans blame CMON.  I don't think it is useful to take sides, since both have done way better with Kickstarter ever since.  And Relic Knights went back to (very high quality) resin casting, so there is that.

Edited by odinsgrandson
  • Like 1

Fans of CMON blame Relic Knights on SPM, while SPM fans blame CMON.  I don't think it is useful to take sides, since both have done way better with Kickstarter ever since.  And Relic Knights went back to (very high quality) resin casting, so there is that.

Personally, I feel like Relic Knights was one of the [relatively] early miniatures Kickstarters that really blew up bigger than expected.  I highly doubt there was a single cause for the problems, and I suspect a lot of it was new ground for everyone involved.

Based on subsequent KS projects by both Soda Pop and CMoN, I think both companies have learned from the experience.  I've backed projects by both (SDE: Forgotten King, Arcadia Quest, Rum & Bones), and had solid results both during production and with the finished products.

Personally, I think it's a little silly to continue judging both companies by issues with one of their earlier projects, while ignoring subsequent successes (though I accept that everyone has to decide on their level of acceptable risk for KS projects).

Anyway, back to Rail Raiders...

Do the figures' position on a particular car matter?  Based on the demo video, it seems like each car is essentially treated as one big "room", so there aren't delineated spaces.  I wasn't sure if I was missing something, though.

Personally, I feel like Relic Knights was one of the [relatively] early miniatures Kickstarters that really blew up bigger than expected.  I highly doubt there was a single cause for the problems, and I suspect a lot of it was new ground for everyone involved.

Based on subsequent KS projects by both Soda Pop and CMoN, I think both companies have learned from the experience.  I've backed projects by both (SDE: Forgotten King, Arcadia Quest, Rum & Bones), and had solid results both during production and with the finished products.

Personally, I think it's a little silly to continue judging both companies by issues with one of their earlier projects, while ignoring subsequent successes (though I accept that everyone has to decide on their level of acceptable risk for KS projects).

Aye.  Relic Knights was the first big miniatures kickstarter that could not half deliver.  With Zombicide and Sedition Wars, CMON could deliver in two waves (Wave 1 was all the stuff that was planned before the KS started, and delivered more or less on time).  But the extras were super late for both of those -and no one like the wave 2 Sedition Wars stuff.

But at this point, it seems silly to stay away from Blood Rage, The Others or Massive Darkness because Sedition Wars did not pan out well.  SPM run their own kickstarters with weekly updates, and terrific quality minis.  But then again, you don't have to get in on the KS to get it all, so that's an option too.

Anyway, I was really surprised to see Rhinestone.  Is she an anime reference?  The jewel name made me think of the SDE princesses, but I don't think she matches any of them.

Edited by odinsgrandson
  • Like 1

Anyway, I was really surprised to see Rhinestone.  Is she an anime reference?  The jewel name made me think of the SDE princesses, but I don't think she matches any of them.

I was wondering about possible references for all of the characters.  I'm not that familiar with anime/manga, so I'm not sure if there are nods to certain titles (as with the Darkspace figures in Relic Knights), or if they're just putting in some archetypal Western characters.