Rail Raiders Infinite by Soda Pop Miniatures

pcktlnt

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pcktlnt:  If you got the expansions, check them for their dice.  There have been missing parts of the pledges, and that's causing a bit of frustration from a number of backers.  I simply wanted the game and the minis to paint.  I'm fairly happy (less so about more dice, mwahahahaha!).  I was pretty relaxed.  Others are...  really angry.  Holy carp. 

The kickstarter page is full of angry people on the comments.  I put my 2 coppers in and left it at that (and noted what I was personally missing).  No hate mail. 

• Like 1

there's been a facebook post by one of the soda pop folk that they're aware of the issue, know who it effects (everybody? although there's a lot of people posting arrivals than posting problems, but maybe they've just not itemised stuff yet)

and that they're preparing to send out the missing stuff (whether that means they have it in the warehouse or whether that means poking china to make it isn't clear) and since they're probably still travelling back from Gencon/recovering from Con sicknesses i'd guess we'll have to wait a few days for a KS update since it's a lot easier to drop into facebook on a phone, KS you need a real computer (and maybe the right one too?)

I actually wonder if they caught the issue after the US stuff was on the water and that's another reason the RoW stuff is still in China, that they needed to make sure they didn't have problems too?

No word on why people only seem to have to loot box and not the retail packaging as the KS clearly says we should get both and that one I suspect may not get fixed as I shudder to think of the cost of sending out 1000's of empty large boardgame boxes, but again I guess we'll see when Soda Pop are properly back in the office

A bit of welcome news from the comments, they were asked by a Canadian backer whether they would also be missing the blinds, dice etc that all the already shipped US pledges were

Soda Pop Miniatures 7-time creator

- NO, your product will arrive with all components, as it was caught at factory and repacked for everyone NOT in the US. The Lockbox was KS special packaging, and packed to hold ALL your rewards.

so that's a relief as it sounds like the ROW will not need to fill in missing item requests

(well unless you want to squabble with them about the retail box which I don't think is worth the trouble, especially as it's got a glued in cellophane window in it which inevitably will fail pretty quickly leaving you with a box with a hole in it)

This has finally arrived with me in the UK (and is reported to be arriving in other foreign lands too) about 6 months after most in the USA got their stuff (and the missing stuff for US backers is also going out)

so this exercise is what NOT to do as a company too keep your backers happy comes to a close. I'm still basically happy about what I got for my money, but if I'd expected to flip some or all of it to help pay for my pledge i'd be very sad as the games effectively already been remaindered (which is a bit of a shame as it actually plays quite well as a light, fun uncomplicated game)

The expansions are possibly the worst examples of huge box, minimal content I've seen for quite some time

My 7 and 5 year old nieces are enjoying the game. They enjoy throwing their opponents (mostly their dad or myself) off the train. The minis are nice. The game is simple. I agree about the expansions. Could have given us more content to fill the air space or cut the box in half and had 2 half trays. 1 stack on top of the other. Sounds like most countries are starting to see the product arrive. Now to wait for the missing components. :D