Sign in to follow this  
Silvervane

02970: Rasia, Bladedancer by Silvervane

She's absolutely beautiful; you did a great job on her!!

I think the basing looks great as well, what part of it are you unhappy with?

• Like 1

Wow, great job! You're one of my favorite painters on the forum.

One small critique, and it's more about dealing with the problems of the sculpt. Maybe you could've put some shadows into the back of the calf and the fabric next to it to give that area a proper feel of depth. The sculpt is a bit flat there and it makes the calf in particular look too thick. Not a realistic way to paint it, but one of those spots to bend the rules.

Basing looks good too. I feel your pain. I have such huge visions for basing and no skill to carry it out.

• Like 3

Thanks everyone for their positive feedback.  The base was what took me so long to post her up actually. Even though this isn't the first time I've ended up on the store site, I'm still surprised it does when I submit it to the inspiration gallery.  

For those that didn't follow my WIP the sword was an experiment with NMM with out using grey / black.  I still used white for the highest highlight, but the rest were the same blue/green from the clothing mixed with dark blue, highlighted up with RMS maggot white.  I'm glad it came out as good as it did.

@Choaswolf -  I couldn't translate what was in my head to the base, so I settled on it the way it is now.

@Cash - Thanks Cash.  Your work and your extended WIP is one of the main reasons that got me to join this forum.  I miss the consolidated WIP, but I understand the reason for the change.  Looking at the figure I can see exactly what you mean.  The lining between is abruptly dark compared to the skin and clothing.  I will definitely keep that in mind in future projects.

• Like 4

Looking at the figure I can see exactly what you mean.  The lining between is abruptly dark compared to the skin and clothing.  I will definitely keep that in mind in future projects.

Not the lining itself, I'm talking about the sculpt where you can see the exposed calf in this photo:

post-12625-0-60759400-1460167723.jpg

The sculpt needs a little help from paint there. Just fading that weird junction with shadows would reduce how chunky the calf looks.

And the nmm and cloth are superb, way better than anything I could do. So now I watch your stuff for inspiration :p

Maybe smooth out the skin a bit, females should be a bit more subtle. But I'm picking nits, it's a very nicely painted piece!

• Like 1

And the nmm and cloth are superb, way better than anything I could do. So now I watch your stuff for inspiration :p

Maybe smooth out the skin a bit, females should be a bit more subtle. But I'm picking nits, it's a very nicely painted piece!

I don't mind people picking nits.  It's those little details that I sometimes miss in my rush to git 'er done.  Especially if I want to earn a gold at the next RCon.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this