just remember... babies don't go into the BOGW....   so before sealing the box ...double check that the squirming object in the box is a goblin and not a baby!

Congrats on the new addition..  I see many sleepless night ahead of you (painting with lack of sleep due to baby makes for impressionist work) along with many joyous firsts for you to encounter.

• Like 8
  • Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have confirmed that my wiggly wyrm is still in the house though the BOGW is not. Fortunately I work in the 'raising other people's children' field so I have some preparation for raising my own. Not the same I know but at least I know what to expect at certain ages. We are loving parenthood so far.

• Like 15

Yeah I now know that by 6 your child will be painting minis and wanting to do her first undead dragon for ReaperCon.  Oh and making a storyboard for her animated video she wants to do during the summer about a pet dolphin.

• Like 10

Yeah I now know that by 6 your child will be painting minis and wanting to do her first undead dragon for ReaperCon.  Oh and making a storyboard for her animated video she wants to do during the summer about a pet dolphin.

***you forgot the In 7 days! with size 0 brushes! part!***

• Like 7

***you forgot the In 7 days! with size 0 brushes! part!***

No I left it out because she thinks those involved in such a feat are crazy.  I told her the other day when looking at pics of Tianot that people were going to paint it with a small brush.  Then on Sunday night while painting I explained which of her brushes they were using and she just had this look on her face that could only be explained as "THEY SO CRAZY!"

• Like 8

This one (I shall dub him babypsycho) has quite the horde of miniatures and paints to choose from. I'm excited to see what he chooses first! I do have some superhero statues for him to paint. They're probably 8" tall and plastic so those might be his first.

• Like 14

Congratulations hon! Glad it turned out ok and your baby is awesome and healthy. I hope you are doing well as well!

There's really nothing like the smell of your new baby - no, not like a new car, :P really they smell awesome and like happiness. And when they don't, well that's what dad's for ^_^

• Like 8

Sorry about the delay, but the box has been mailed. I could not believe how much foam and cork came out of the box. I could only fit about half of the foam back in, though I swear I added only about as much as I took. I have my aquisitions set aside and should get pictures sometime tonight.

• Like 6

Digging through this box I got is madness.  We made a quick run through it and my daughter took pretty much most of the stuff she spotted (that was not even a mini).  I made her put something to replace a couple things from her stash. (a die for a die and a hero clix mini for one she took)  I will see if I can find anything in it for me when i can look at a slower pace but I got more than enough minis these days and unless it just jumps out at me I usually pass on them.

Now to go get a new box since this one was squished and ripped during transit.

• Like 6

I keep most of my green stuff frozen and leave a little bit on my desk in a plastic bag. I threw away the little bag because there were a million teeth marks and probably gross cat spit all over it, and all the teeny heads and bird bodies I had made are gone.

Go down to one of the office-supply places or somewhere and pick up one of those small storage boxes with a locking lid (google Really Useful Boxes). Paint it so they can't see what's inside of it. Put a flat rock or piece of concrete in the bottom so it's heavy enough that your cats can't just push it around. Whenever you stop working on something, put it in the box.

Painting it so they can't see inside is the key - as long as they perceive it to be a solid object, they won't be trying to get inside it.

• Like 11

*Waiting for the box...* I love this part. I know it's close... nearly on it's way... What's going to be in it? What's going to be super exciting that I haven't even known that I've wanted... 

Also, there is a disturbing lack if pics in this thread... People, get on it!!

• Like 9