Looks great, I really like the complete package with this from the really cool basing to the OSL to the really nice work with the paint job of the wizard!

• Like 1

Great job on the work. I love the gem of the staff. Though I wonder if you could have carved out some of the bark on the base to allow the mini to set in better. The base looks great. Just a thought.

• Like 2

OUTSTANDING! The Little Spell Slinging Rodent looks FANTASTIC...SPLENDID brushwork, color selection, AND WONDERFUL base. It was a joy to watch him develop. VERY WELL DONE once more!

• Like 1

OUTSTANDING! The Little Spell Slinging Rodent looks FANTASTIC...SPLENDID brushwork, color selection, AND WONDERFUL base. It was a joy to watch him develop. VERY WELL DONE once more!

ROFL.. Thank you Malefactus.  My little spell slinging Rodent is nowhere near as dynamic as your creations ! 

I just enjoy that he makes me laugh, and I am very delighted to know that I had fun AND learned something using

my color wheel.  Mixing a Triad off a color wheel is a lot different that purchasing one !

Thank you my friend !

Great job on the work. I love the gem of the staff. Though I wonder if you could have carved out some of the bark on the base to allow the mini to set in better. The base looks great. Just a thought.

I originally thought about carving out the bark to sink the base; but it really isn't that strong to handle being carved.

I noticed right away that it wanted to split and splinter into sheets like slate.

Maybe next time I will hold some pieces back and see if I can build up the ledge in front and along side it.

I'm delighted that I am getting those huge DSM broccoli bases off to begin with !!

• Like 1

Great work Jay!   the OSL from the staff crystal is well done.   you have blended it in well enough that it is just there and does not stick out... which is how it should be!

And of course... it brings your red into the orange.. what else can I say!

• Like 1

Great job with the wizard. Love these pieces though he I do wish they were on slotted bases. The broccoli is tough stuff!

I agree with you Kangarorex;

Maybe we need to start sending in notes for a removable base (as in change design to include a base that must be glued on).

I'll send a note today and see what happens.

Thanks for your input !

He turned out so cute! Nice job!

Thanks Pochi !

A fun one to paint, and the rock wall hides nothing the way he is facing !

• Like 1

Great work Jay!   the OSL from the staff crystal is well done.   you have blended it in well enough that it is just there and does not stick out... which is how it should be!

And of course... it brings your red into the orange.. what else can I say!

I thought that Orange touch would make you smile.

With all that red mass, that crystal had to be yellow in the center and orange on the edges.

The rest just followed logic.

Most nerve wracking was adding that little strip on the brim of the Wizard !

This has been a fun one.

Thanks again !

He turned out so cute! Nice job!

Thanks Pochi !

A fun one to paint, and the rock wall hides nothing the way he is facing !

Yes, the wall looked much larger without the mini on it. It looks really nice! He may be my favorite animal you have done so far.

• Like 1

I agree with you Kangarorex;

Maybe we need to start sending in notes for a removable base (as in change design to include a base that must be glued on).

I'll send a note today and see what happens.

Thanks for your input !

It's been a few years since the last time we had a "We hate broccoli bases" thread, but I doubt the logic behind them has changed much.

In essence, a major portion of Reaper's consumers wants minis that will stand up immediately upon removal from the package and that don't need any assembly at all. That part (possibly a majority) of the customer base is underrepresented on the forums, where we have, on average, people who do much more work on figures. This means that "everybody" wants them to go away, but "everybody" is a fairly small minority of sales.

I would prefer figures without bases or with slightly more scenic bases, too. But I understand Reaper's position and might well take the same position in their place.

I think it very unlikely that Reaper will change their policy, but everybody needs a hobby (or a hobbyhorse) ....  ^_^

• Like 2